My Ultimate 8 Tap Keezer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricS

Reaction score
I picked up an 8 tap tower last weekend from a bar, I have a very understanding SWMBO!!! My friends, relatives, coworkers and neighbors all think I am a bit nuts and I am starting to think so too. Somebody once said "Go big or go home" ....and with that said it's finally time to start my Keezer project.

Tower complete with two Guinness taps. This was installed on a Glycol system so it has the lines installed. I will probably keep them installed just in case down the road....;)
IMG_0315.JPG

My chest freezer that can hold 8 cornies and my little co2 tank (at some point in time it will be upgraded)
IMG_0317.JPG

The start of my manifold system. I picked up two 4 port air manifolds complete with quick disconnects from Harbor Freight for $10 each. I then put the ball valve on so I could shut off the CO2 tank to take to a picnic if need be. On the left you can see the hose barb with the quick connect fitting.
IMG_0318.JPG

The way the manifold is setup now I can carb 8 kegs at the same psi. Down the road as I acquire more regulators this will be downsized so I can carb at different pressures. I have a lot to do and will keep posting pics along the way. My kegs have to be carbing by the end of this weekend and this keezer needs to be done in 2 weeks flat. Wish me luck!!:D

Very nice. Good idea with the quick disconnects, that looks to be a bit cheaper than a standard beer manifold.

Nice Tower! I am just about %100 sure that those air chucks will not hold air like you want them to, but I have my fingers crossed for you! If nothing else you can just remove the chucks and install barbed fittings on each manifold and away you go.

Nice Tower! I am just about %100 sure that those air chucks will not hold air like you want them to, but I have my fingers crossed for you! If nothing else you can just remove the chucks and install barbed fittings on each manifold and away you go.

I agree. I have replaced all my HF quick disconnects that I use to use with quality ones. Even though the quality ones are 100x better, I still do not think the are designed with tolerances to be completely sealed. Not sure if the lower pressure, compared to a air compressor, will help or hinder it more.

As they say though: Noting ventured, nothing gained.

/tg

I agree. I have replaced all my HF quick disconnects that I use to use with quality ones. Even though the quality ones are 100x better, I still do not think the are designed with tolerances to be completely sealed. Not sure if the lower pressure, compared to a air compressor, will help or hinder it more.

As they say though: Noting ventured, nothing gained.

/tg

Yeah, I was kind of worried about the quick disconnects too but at such a cheap price I had to give it a try. So far with using soapy water the only leaks I have found are with the kegs themselves, which is pissing me off.

I made a little more progress today and will post more pictures later.

Yeah, I was kind of worried about the quick disconnects too but at such a cheap price I had to give it a try. So far with using soapy water the only leaks I have found are with the kegs themselves, which is pissing me off.

I made a little more progress today and will post more pictures later.

where on the kegs are the leaks? I have a few that I can never get the popets to seal so for the hell of it I put two o-rings on the tubes and the problem was fixed. The 2 o-rings put more pressure on the valve making it seal.

I would not even try those QC's on the co2. It would really suck to empty your tank in a night.

Back