999-999-9999 phone number

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodfatherX

Reaction score
I've been getting a phone call from a 999-999-9999 phone number the past 2 days. I missed the call both times and there was no voice mail. Has anyone else been called by this number??.....guessing some new number blocking feature.

Either that or I'm gonna die in 7 days.

at least the number wasn't 666-666-6666....

There are options on phone terminals to display different outgoing numbers. For example everyone at my office has their own direct phone number, but when we call out it comes up on caller ID as the main office number. Someone (unknown) probably programmed thier phone system to display 999-999-9999 as their caller ID number, who knows who it is. Could be a telemarketer, bill collector, credit card sales etc. but I wouldn't trust it considering they don't want to give you a number to be able to call them back.

Also if you ever see 123-456-7891 that is someone calling you from an internet phone service like skype.

They called back a few min ago .........it was somebody wanting to ask me a few questions about a political candidate...

I've gotten calls that had all zeros as the number on the caller ID. It was just blockbuster demanding their movie back.

I got a telemarketing call on my cellphone a few months ago and all that showed up on the caller ID was a single 3. I answered it out of sheer curiosity, then hung up when a recording tried to sell me something

Back