Getting started. Need construction ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RxMan

Reaction score
First post here. I've browsed the massive 'show me your kegerator' thread and have lots of ideas now. Very impressive stuff.
I have a True GDM-45 which is a massive double sliding door commercial cooler. I have attached a pic of someone else's cooler which is the same model as mine.
I'm wanting to make one side of the cooler a kegerator like in the pic. I want only 1 or 2 taps though and I'm going to start with commercial beer kegs. I will be able to contain all of the parts inside the main fridge. My questions are:
1. What type of material would be good to use in the red circled area? I need something sturdy to support the tap and also look nice.
2. What type of material would be good to use in the blue area? I want to hide all of the kegs, co2, tubing etc. I was thinking possibly a removable panel. Not sure about wood. Maybe a wood frame covered in something. Tinted plexiglass, stainless steel.
Cost is a concern.

large cooler gdm45.JPG

Bump.
Still haven't tackled this project but I'm getting closer!
Suggestions please.

if cost is a factor, then Stainless is out of the question

if you need to ask for ideas, I think for a project like that you need local help. That is going be a big project and I think you need someone local that is handy doing design builds to help

Latest posts

Back