What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My imperial oatmeal chocolate coffee stout.

image-2247447376.jpg

Also goes great with banana nut waffles.

You're a sick man, Mr. Nuke. :ban: No, really, that's a great dessert beer for sure.

Workin' on some black coffee. Our forecasted "snowstorm" is falling as liquid and slush, nature's snow cones, and I still need to run and pick up water for today's brew. Between the weather and the need to boil the first two gallons from the mash into one, the decision to brew indoors today is an easy one.:mug:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
You're a sick man, Mr. Nuke. :ban: No, really, that's a great dessert beer for sure.

Workin' on some black coffee. Our forecasted "snowstorm" is falling as liquid and slush, nature's snow cones, and I still need to run and pick up water for today's brew. Between the weather and the need to boil the first two gallons from the mash into one, the decision to brew indoors today is an easy one.:mug:

Doing a Wee Heavy?

Yeah,I need to go get some spring water for the new batch. Still waiting for the starter to drop clear. I want all the yeast I can get.

Have fun with your brew. Been wanting to do a wee heavy for a while. Maybe sometime this spring so I can let it sit a while until fall.

Was gonna shovel snow but apparantly now we are getting rain so screw it I will let the rain do it and Ill just have a Labatt, sounds like a plan.

sample of my Merlot Pyment I'm gonna bottle today. started 4-29-12. been bulk aging since 9-2-12. OG 1.130/FG 1.034
soooooooo damn tasty! if my neck was strong enough and I had 2 carboys of this, I'd make one of those stupid drink hats. and my wife would have to pump my stomach. tasty devil juice.

Yeah where this big blizzard we were supposed to get??

Doing a Wee Heavy?

Yep, a ~1.095-1.100 behemoth to go into a red wine barrel. Recipe is basically Traquair House Ale scaled up, should be good. :mug:

Yeah where this big blizzard we were supposed to get??

It's actually snowing pretty good up here now. It was like little snowballs when I was just out shoveling.

AleFred said:
Lagunitas Pale Ale... This is a go to. Heady topper and HopSlam for later

Where do I go if I want to do a trade? Or are trades done solely through PMs? I've posted about trading for Heady Topper before, but I haven't received any response. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Having a Boddingtons right now. Getting water ready for tonight, so I can brew a batch of cream stout. It's gonna be a long brew day, since I'm out of good beer (it's gonna be a Boulevard wheat kind of day). Tomorrow I'm gonna pick up some narwhal, Boddingtons (my go-to beer), and a sixxer of Old Pavillion (Marshall) while I wait for my bitter to finish fermenting.

Wheatwine, since I had the snifter out. I need to quit brewing so many sours and brett beers and get some daily drinkers back in the pipeline before I drink too much of my cellaring homebrew!

Fortunately I was less lazy today and got two batches bottled. Neither is my best effort, but both drinkable and should keep me out of the good stuff until I can get the saison stash built back up.

whatever beer I can get my hands on without touching the last HB xmas ale I've been saving for when my mom comes to visit from WI. :D Longhammer IPA and Newcastle today

Thats's what she said? :drunk:

If it's that bad, dump it!

It isn't bad enough to be dumpworthy, and I'm one of those "don't dump unless you absolutely have to" types. The base beer is bland. The strawberries are very subtle (but I figured they would be even at 1lb/gallon). And I opted to transfer to a tertiary after the fruit to let any fruit gunk settle out since the last time I did a fruit beer I couldn't keep all the fruit gunk out of my bottles. Wasn't careful enough transferring and oxidized it a bit in the process.

make it an Eis Strawberry Blonde. hahahaha!!!

Bad beer in, worse beer out, no?

Latest posts

Back