beer bottle collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintedplay

Reaction score
ive been saving one bottle from all the different beers ive tried and wanted to make some sort of art/mural for my wall. anyone done anything like this or have any ideas? id rather something more interesting than a bookshelf of different beer bottles

This is what I have done....

DSC000051.jpg

ive been saving one bottle from all the different beers ive tried and wanted to make some sort of art/mural for my wall. anyone done anything like this or have any ideas? id rather something more interesting than a bookshelf of different beer bottles

I had a whole S--t load that I collected over many years that I tossed a few years ago. Just really had no place to display them and that was before I was brewing. Maybe I should start again. Might push SWMBO over the limit though!

Tough one - my brother has space in his basement and he's wrapped three walls in shallow shelves, bottle high (four levels, working on five) with other breweriana mixed in. Right now he's starting to go through and remove newer ones as he brings in older ones. Obviously easier to do something with the labels, but there are some nice bottles out there. Good luck!

above my kitchen cabinets is where my collection is displayed. i did run out of room at one point so i recycled most of them and started to collect growlers from places ive been instead. at least this way i have something i can reuse.

way too much for me to dust?!?!?

Thats what I was thinking lol. You can use shelves (#2 looks nice) but at some point you will run out of room. A scrap book of labels is the better way to go, and then save only the really sweet bottles. Make sure to put the label in the scrapbook though because eventually you will end up bottling it lol

How about taking pictures of the labels? You can include pictures of the beer in the glass. You could also do pictures of beers you have on tap and include pictures of the tap handles. Maybe upload everything to Evernote and include your tasting notes.

^^ good idea. I had never heard of evernote, be sure to also keep copies locally and backed up as I never trust "the cloud" to always be.

we've been saving labels from every new beer we try (and all of the house favorites) for a couple years. the idea is to cover an old dining room table top with a collage of labels when we re-finish it. nice coat of shellack or something to cover and protect the labels... much like many a tacky pub table.

BorisBBadd: what beer is the Stone with the flip-top? I like most everything they brew, and I like flip-top bottles - I'll bet they'd clean-up if they kept that on the shelves regularly. I'm only willing to drink so much Grolsch - for a premium price it's maybe a tick better than BMC, IMO.
If I was peddling craft brew, I'd do it - even if it's a little over-priced, you get good beer AND a great re-fill bottle. Seems like home brewers would snap em' up.

I've since added a couple more bottles with caps to my collection in my gallery. Gotta make one of those stepped shelves now.

we've been saving labels from every new beer we try (and all of the house favorites) for a couple years. the idea is to cover an old dining room table top with a collage of labels when we re-finish it. nice coat of shellack or something to cover and protect the labels... much like many a tacky pub table.

Search for the thread "Bar Top Idea" or something like that, we give all the reasons why it's a horrible idea to use shellack

Search for the thread "Bar Top Idea" or something like that, we give all the reasons why it's a horrible idea to use shellack

thanks for the heads up.... i was wondering about that myself, thinking there's gotta be something that's better than shellack, but gives the same look.

interesting, i had no idea alcohol may break down shellack... makes perfect sense tho. as i'm sure plenty of beer will spill or drip on that table, i think the table top epoxy sounds like the thing to do. add another item to my Home Cheapo list.... kids game me a gift card and i'll be there in the next few days to pick out my new turkey fryer! :ban:

thanks, nuckin!
:mug:

Hi All,
I'm new to the site, and realize that the thread is a bit older. I was looking to liquidate my old beer collection. it is from about '84 to '99 although some of the bottles are much older. Bottles from all over, mostly full bottles and a few cans. like Billy, Chicago bears, etc. South pacific, when it was still allowed to be labelled "Special Export", anchor christmas many from the 80s and 90s, holland brand in white porcelin, tiger about 240 sitting in cases collecting dust. all yours for a case of beer or something. in so-cal. [email protected]

I quit saving my bottles a long time ago (except to use in my brewing). Now, I just save the caps. The idea is to make a bar top out of all the beer caps I've been saving...

I know a girl that's doing that to the bartops in the bar she owns. Pretty cool. I've been making magnets for the kegerator out of our caps, but still haven't gotten around to topping the ol' table with labels. Cap magnets are easier. :D

Back