Kona Pipeline Porter, Draft vs. Bottles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybrez6

Reaction score
Hey all,

Over the holidays I got to try some Kona Pipeline Porter on tap in NYC and it rocked my socks. To me, it was the perfect balance of coffee and beer and so I was pretty excited to find a sixer yesterday in Fresh Market for 7.50.

Well, I tried one last night and I was pretty disappointed. I just didnt get any of the rich coffee taste and barely any aroma. I was just wondering if any one else has noticed anything similar with this or other comparable brews.

Did you drink out of the bottle, or pour it into a glass first? Drinking out of the bottle/can, you lose much, if not all of the aroma, which projects flavor.

How cold is the bottle you are drinking? Those coffee flavors will come out more when the beer is a little warmer. I would probably drink that beer in the mid 40's to around 50 degrees myself and some people might even argue that it could stand to be even warmer.

Yea, that's a good idea too. A cool experiment is to drink a beer slowly, let it warm up and see the changes in flavor.

Back