I want to try a Belgian III

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradneal

Reaction score
Thus far I only have about 6 kits under my belt in terms of beer making experience. But I would really like to try a Brewers Best Belgian Triple, as I'm not quite ready to get into the all grain scene just yet.

So my question is, is the kit worth messing with, or should I just wait until I get bold enough to try AG before venturing into the bigger beers?

Thanks,
Brad

I say go for it. Experience is the best teacher. Trying different stuff out is half the fun... the other half is being able to drink it. :mug:

I'd say go for it as well but change the yeast. I think they use nottingham on everything right?

I'd say go for it as well but change the yeast. I think they use nottingham on everything right?

I am not sure which yeast they use as I don't have the kit yet. But if I replace the yeast as you recommend, which yeast should I use?

Thanks for the feedback.

-Brad

I am not sure which yeast they use as I don't have the kit yet. But if I replace the yeast as you recommend, which yeast should I use?

Thanks for the feedback.

-Brad

Off the top of my head so it may not be the exact number but I think 1337 or maybe it's 1387? Someone please confirm.

Brewfirm makes a good Belgian extract. They are actually in Belgium I believe. Brewed a Grand Cru and opened one after 5 weeks ( they recommend 6-8 ) in the bottle. Off the hook.

I just brewed a belgian double extract, with three test tubes of yeast (Wyeast Belgian Ale 1214). 11lb of extract and 1.5lb of candi sugar.

Lesson learned: Make sure you have a blow off tube installed right off the bat and forget your little bubbling airlock.

Turned out great by the way!

Thanks for the feedback.

-Brad

I am not familiar with these kits and I like Nottingham but how could they sell a Belgian Kit if they are not using Belgian yeasts?
Is it not the yeast that makes some beer(especially Belgians) unique?
I apologize if I am wrong but "that don't make no sense"!
Of course if the beer tastes good then who cares what you call it:cross:

Back