Vanilla porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrades

Reaction score
I tried a bottle yesturday, and no fiss yet. The question I have is does it just need more time? I used carb tablets and it has been in the bottles for 2-3 weeks now. I have never used the tablets before. Usually i use priming sugar for the whole batch but this time I kegged in 5L cans and then just used tablets for the bottles. Help!

2-3 weeks and NO carbonation? I have never used the tabs before but it sounds like they didn't work. How was the kegged part of the batch?

5L cans? Im not sure what this is, but you could have not had a good seal? Also what was your FG, sometimes it takes 6 weeks to fully carb. I had a MRBEER stout that never fully carbed. I kept 1 to try a year later, and it was VERY carbed by that time. Really if its not carbing the only thing you can do is wait longer

I use Cooper's carb tabs, and I usually have good carbonation within a week. How big were th bottles, and how many tabs did you use? I use one tab for a 12oz, 2 for a 650mL, and three for a 1L swingtop.

I used one tap for each 12 oz. bottle. i guess I'll just keep them and see how it goes, maybe they will carb with time. I hate to dump them out.

Latest posts

Back