1st Label Attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnoeou

Reaction score
In honor of moving to a new house and bribing my friends with homebrew to help me move, I have created my Moving Day Amber Ale.

If you have ever seen a Budget rental truck with the stick figures on the side, you will recognize the inspiration for this label. This is my 1st attempt using Inkscape (though I have experience with Photoshop, so I understood the basics of it)

n12307346_40890648_7542454.jpg

ROFL, nice work, I like how the helper has his head down like "****.........."

Nice. Maybe try and see how the background sunburst looks if the points came together behind the orange box (out of sight) - maybe still slightly off center, towards the bottom left corner. Though I know they are subtle, they tend to draw the eye down into the E of "ale".

It's funny how simply of an illustration the guy on the left is, simply putting his head tilted down makes him seem sad. Though I don't know if that's intended, it's not really a bad thing - moving sucks.

Nice. Maybe try and see how the background sunburst looks if the points came together behind the orange box (out of sight) - maybe still slightly off center, towards the bottom left corner. Though I know they are subtle, they tend to draw the eye down into the E of "ale".

It's funny how simply of an illustration the guy on the left is, simply putting his head tilted down makes him seem sad. Though I don't know if that's intended, it's not really a bad thing - moving sucks.

Thanks for the suggestion. I moved the sunburst and I think it looks great.

4658_692458715144_12307346_40902980_2022288_n.jpg

The dejection of the friend really comes through. Probably even more than I thought it would. Moving does suck, so why not enjoy a few beers while suffering through it. :mug:

I like! The burst draws your right into the sad little block man, you feel his pain as your gaze slides to the left to see that help is on the way.

I didn't see it either till I went back & looked for it after it was mentioned. A little more contrast might help to bring it out so it's a bit more noticable. Ya, I know, there's a reason I'm not a detective. :eek:

Back