Keg box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINER

Reaction score
Has anyone made a cooler from parts "borrowed" from an old refrigerator/freezer? I'm looking to make an insulated wood or steel or aluminum to hold 4 5 gal kegs, a half barrel and a 5 gallon carboy for lagering.

That's what I was looking for. Anyone know any specifics on construction? :confused:

Wow...what a great idea. I have never seen such a thing. We've always scrounged fridges or chest freezers, but it would be really cool to design your own chamber and hook up the works from an old fridge or freezer.

I'd build it pretty much like a chest freezer, but designed to hold 6 or 8 cornelius kegs. I'd plumb in gas lines so you could use it to carbonate kegs. Maybe a space for two carboys to be lagering. Dang this sounds fun.

Keep us posted if you find any ideas or do any experiments of your own. Good luck! :D

That's the plan. I figure I can buy a beat up fridge for about $50 and make a under bar unit. They go for around $500 on Flea-bay and that is a little out of my price range. I just bought a 6 tap perlick tower so my plan is to have it fit 5 corney kegs and one half barrel of crap beer for guests who don't know good beer.

I'll let you know how I make out, but I'm in the process of refurbishing an old keggerator. The fridge works, the door is a mess, the american sanke works, the tap is toast and the drip-pan is good.

I'll likely fashion a new door out of aluminum plated plywood using styrafoam SM insulation. The seal should be easy to find and I'll pick up the parts from e-bay. Generally a working fridge is the hardest part of peicing something together. Ideally I'd like two taps for two different beers. This means i'll be using stella kegs inside and am going to have to find some european sankes.

Latest posts

Back