I know I am not the only one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesdel

Reaction score
That enjoys making all the equipmet that they can. Just today I madea wort chiller for a little over $30.00. What have you mad and how did ya do it ???
Jim

10gallon round mash tun (HBT thread)
eBay temp controller (HBT thread)
Fermentation chamber (HBT thread)
Wort chiller (HBT thread)
Kegerator (HBT thread)
Tomorrow I am making my keggle (yet another HBT thread)

Gee guess we must be the only three . Im sure there are others that dont post often. Allenh a lot of thoese sound like something I would like to try . Thanks for the ideas :)

Hey, there are instructions for any brewing related project that you could ever think of on here. I have done a bunch of them (never got to the keggle today, but it will happen next weekend), and I want to do a bunch more. This is the best brewing forum out there.

Gee guess we must be the only three . Im sure there are others that dont post often.

Could be that your thread title is vague and people don't want to poke in here just to find out what you're talking about?

I'll play. A CFC based on Bobby's instructional, An IC that I saw somebody on YouTube build, CPVC manifold for a retangular cooler MLT, ended up not using and and went with SS braid. And eventually traded that MLT out for a 10g round igloo and SS false bottom. A keggle with sight glass and SS ballvalve, a HLT using a 32qt aluminum tortilla pot, sight gage, ball valve, theremomenter installed. I think that about it. I did mess around with some copper tubing to solder togeher a venturi to aerate wort but gave it to a friend. Also made two kegerators.

I'm still relatively new to Homebrewing (1 year), but I have made a mash paddle with Cornusker insignia, my brewing partner and I threw together a 10 MLT out of a Gatorade cooler, ran a siphon tube from my brewing area (garage) down to my fermenting area (basement workshop), and a 15 gallon plastic conical fermenter with rolling stand (obtained the plans on the DIY Sticky page).

We brewed our first 10 gallon batch a few weeks ago, and due to poor planning, had a difficult time getting the cooled wort down to the basement at 1:30 AM. It was quite the debacle. The next day I was already drilling a hole in my basement to run the tubing, which has since proved to be the second best project to date. The conical is still the best $125 project I/we have attempted. Now we have carboys and fermenting buckets lying around holding nothing but brewing equipment/supplies.

gbarnes said:
I'm still relatively new to Homebrewing (1 year), but I have made a mash paddle with Cornusker insignia, my brewing partner and I threw together a 10 MLT out of a Gatorade cooler, ran a siphon tube from my brewing area (garage) down to my fermenting area (basement workshop), and a 15 gallon plastic conical fermenter with rolling stand (obtained the plans on the DIY Sticky page).

We brewed our first 10 gallon batch a few weeks ago, and due to poor planning, had a difficult time getting the cooled wort down to the basement at 1:30 AM. It was quite the debacle. The next day I was already drilling a hole in my basement to run the tubing, which has since proved to be the second best project to date. The conical is still the best $125 project I/we have attempted. Now we have carboys and fermenting buckets lying around holding nothing but brewing equipment/supplies.

DIY conical? Info please!

Brulosopher said:
DIY conical? Info please!

Yeah, did mine for about $125 with stand and castors. Go to the DIY projects section and click on the Project Locator Sticky. The project is located under the "serving" section, which makes no sense to me, but whatever. It is titled "15 gallon conical" by Isaac.

The thread discusses many vendors that sell the actual tanks, but I chose Tank-depot.com. It was delivered in 2 days. Make sure you get the FULL DRAIN ACE tank. The cheaper tank has a lip on the bottom that will catch yeast, not good.

It's worth the investment. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back