Anything I can brew for my girlfriend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-H

Reaction score
My GF doesnt like beer.... She barely likes to drink, but I think if I can brew a wine cooler, or something sweet with her, she might dig the process. When I visited the coors company, they had some sweet stuff that they actually brewed. Anyone have recipe's/idea's for this?

Milds and London Browns. I had a Jasmine Mild a couple years ago at the Anderson Valley fest that "the giggle girls" were nuts about, but I don't have a recipe. I'd start with a Mild, add 1/2 lb. Crystal 20L and a couple oz. of jasmine tea for the last 5 minutes of the boil.

Syracuse, eh? Take her over to Utica for a Saranac Brewery tour and have her keep sampling until she finds one she likes. Or take her to a football game at the Dome, she'll be drinking like a fish by halftime.

EDIT: What about meade or cider? Does she like Woodchuck?

Mike-H said:
My GF doesnt like beer.... She barely likes to drink, but I think if I can brew a wine cooler, or something sweet with her, she might dig the process. When I visited the coors company, they had some sweet stuff that they actually brewed. Anyone have recipe's/idea's for this?

What doesnt she like about beer? Is it the hops, the malt, or just the alchohol in general?

If it's the hops stick to and Irish or Scottish beer.
If it's the malt try a mead or a cider.
If it's ETOH in gereral try rootbeer.

todd_k said:
Syracuse, eh? Take her over to Utica for a Saranac Brewery tour and have her keep sampling until she finds one she likes. Or take her to a football game at the Dome, she'll be drinking like a fish by halftime.

EDIT: What about meade or cider? Does she like Woodchuck?

I have lived in Syracuse all my life :) These are things we do daily heh.

my gf got hooked on beer starting with Hefeweizens. the fruity flavors seem to be the hook.
do a raspberry hefe or something like that.

I went to Utica College of Syracuse University (which I believe has since dropped the SU part but I don't care, my Bachelor's degree says Syracuse University!) and I lived in Utica/New Hartford for a few years after college before leaving 2 feet of snow and a wind chill factor of -30 to move south. Syracuse can be fun during that 2 weeks of summertime.

During my last trip to Beer & Wine Hobby in Woburn, MA (www.beer-wine.com - see comments in homebrew supplier forum) I noticed that they added a few kits for "hard lemonade" and some somrt of "Ice" malt-beverage kock-off type thing. I have NO idea what ingredients are used, what the process entails or if they are any good but they are availabe online of you are not local.

I think they are listen waaaaay at the bottom of the Recipe of the Month lists, here.

If you get one, post the recipe/process/outcome for the collective curiosity!

There are a couple of recipes around the board for doing a hard lemonade as well. There's a thought. Should be able to find by a search if interested

clayof2day said:
There are a couple of recipes around the board for doing a hard lemonade as well. There's a thought. Should be able to find by a search if interested
My wife loves the process of brewing, but hates the taste of beer Soooo I hooked her up with a Pomogranite Mead and shes in LOVE the only draw back is it has a long ageing time (Damn It) but shes willling to wait. I guess it really is LOVE.;)

Pomegranate Mead? Would you by any chance be willing to share the recipe, my SOWMBO loves pomogranates...

Back