Let Me See yourAll Purpose, but Mostly Brew Related Benches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettwasbtd

Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am slowly working to setting up my basement brewery which has space on 3 sides of a square room. I have my keg fridge, and ferm chamber along one wall, a 6 foot set of shelving along another. I plan to setup a 4 foot "brew" sculpture for the actually brewday part to the right of the shelving. I am left with about a 6 foot span of area I would like to place a workbench in. This will be used for other purposes and projects other than brewing, but Im sure I will be using it to weight out ingredients and hold my beer while brewing! I am looking for ideas and pictures of other peoples multi purpose benches and how they use them for brewing :)

Will Try to get pics of my room up later

Here are the pictures of the brewspace from right to left around the square room I have my ferm chamber (not in picture), beer fridge (you can see in the first picture below), some open space, the future 2 tier wood electric brewstand, 6 feet of shelves, and then the workbench area. I think I will definitely need to put the workbench on wheels so I can move it to get access to the left side of the shelves. Forgive my HORRIBLE attempt at 3d drawing in paint haha. So ya, I am looking for other brewers benches for ideas. I am probably looking at a 6' x 2' bench.

right to left: Fridge, future brewstand area, shelves
future-brew-setup.jpg

right to left: brewstand area and 6 feet of shelving
DSC03156.JPG

right to left: shelving from last picture and future bench area
workbench.jpg

iamjonsharp that is nice! I like the keg storage. I have the same bins of mis stuff. My favorite part is the cat coming out, how did you plan your cat storage? How many cats dose it hold?

I have an old printer stand I got at Staples for a fermenter stand that holds all my brewing/bottling stuff. Even the vinator box holds zip lock bags of airlocks,grain & hop sacks,extra lil parts & whatnot. Everything goes in this thing. Boxes of clean empty bottles to the right of that,with my jugs for getting spring water next to that. The homer cheapo bucket with my sealed bags of grains inside & Barley Crusher grain mill on top of it. My 6 gallon better bottle on top of that.
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0004_zpsef5e6404.jpg.html] [/URL]
The lil red 12 pack cooler is handy for setting on the floor next to me for filling bottles (see my videos on unionrdr's youtube channel) & de-labeling with some PBW.

Unfortunately, other projects have taken up my time and $ - Redoing my deck this summer, then hopefully I can get back to this area by fall. In the meantime...

Surely there are more brewers anxiously waiting to post their pictures, right? :)

I wish. I am slowly trying to get things in order around the house and garage. I wish more people would post for inspiration. :)

Here are the pictures of the brewspace from right to left around the square room I have my ferm chamber (not in picture), beer fridge (you can see in the first picture below), some open space, the future 2 tier wood electric brewstand, 6 feet of shelves, and then the workbench area. I think I will definitely need to put the workbench on wheels so I can move it to get access to the left side of the shelves. Forgive my HORRIBLE attempt at 3d drawing in paint haha. So ya, I am looking for other brewers benches for ideas. I am probably looking at a 6' x 2' bench.

right to left: Fridge, future brewstand area, shelves
future-brew-setup.jpg

right to left: brewstand area and 6 feet of shelving
DSC03156.JPG

right to left: shelving from last picture and future bench area
workbench.jpg

So I started this thread a while back and I FINALLY got around to building my workbench over the weekend. I ended moving the shelves in the pictures above to the wall on the left. I plan on building my brewstand and placing it to the right of this bench.

About the bench: 6 feet long, 2 feet wide, 36" high. I got 3/4" thick BC grade plywood and doubled it up. I did some light sanding but its still not as smooth as I wold like so I plan on grabbing some tempered hardboard 1/8" to lay on top as a sacrifical surface - no more splinters!

Without further ado...
IMG_20150131_195948648.jpg

About the bench: 6 feet long, 2 feet wide, 36" high. I got 3/4" thick BC grade plywood and doubled it up. I did some light sanding but its still not as smooth as I wold like so I plan on grabbing some tempered hardboard 1/8" to lay on top as a sacrifical surface - no more splinters!

In an effort to encourage others to post - C'mon all! I see all those projects being done in the DIY forums, you must certainly have a workbench - I will provide an update. I ended up putting the 1/8" tempered hardboard on. It is now nice and smooth. In the future I may decide to go 3/16" or 1/4" but we will see how this works.

I have already utilized the bench multiple times and can't imagine life without it :)

IMG_20150211_183127046_HDR.jpg

In an effort to encourage others to post - C'mon all! I see all those projects being done in the DIY forums, you must certainly have a workbench - I will provide an update. I ended up putting the 1/8" tempered hardboard on. It is now nice and smooth. In the future I may decide to go 3/16" or 1/4" but we will see how this works.

I have already utilized the bench multiple times and can't imagine life without it :)

OK, I'll bite, I've got an old kitchen countertop that I've rigged up with a smaller work bench to create my all purpose but mostly brewing bench. This pic is from when I put up the shelf for the red bins. Notice the duct tape and zip ties, which I've rarely used for brewing but come in very handy.
I've got the chest freezer on the far right set up as a ferm chamber, I don't think there was anything in there at the time, it was in january so I was not brewing so much as I was tinkering around inside. If I was to take a panorama of this shot, there are some utility shelves to the right and my kegerator, which is an old fridge I converted, it fits 4 kegs, it might fit 5 if I ever get brave enough to move the co2 tank to the outside, don't really want to try drilling a hole through the side.

2015-01-31 14.43.34.jpg

Last edited:
Changed things a bit more since that last pic;

I now have a bottling table & a drier rack to store other things up off the floor & free up space in the fermenter stand,making it easier to get to things.

Back