Back Sweetening after kegged and Carbed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_ozz68

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently made a batch of Brandon O's graff cider that I would now like to back sweeten a little bit. It has been kegged and carbed for 2 weeks now and my question is.... Is there anything special I need to do because it has been carbed for a couple weeks or can I just release the pressure from my keg and pour a thawed out can of apple juice concentrate in the keg?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Thanks for the feedback ed.............I just added the concentrate and gave it a good stir and put it back on the gas. I'll give it a taste later on today. Thanks again!!

Yes, I used a whole can of concentrate, however I had already drank about 6 pints out of the keg before adding. I've seen recommendations of anywhere between 1 & 3 cans to sweeten. I like the flavor of the cider however I was hoping for something just a little sweeter. My gravity readings went from 1.063 to 1.012 so there wasn't a whole lot of sweetness left.

I'll let you know if one can changed it much after I sample it tonight.

Well I drank four pints of it last night so it's definitely good!! It came out pretty much just how I wanted it. It still has the tartness from the apples but it now has a little bit of sweetness to go with it. I think two cans of concentrate would probably still be good but anything more than that would be to sweet for me.

Back