New equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
I'm getting excited... today my 9 gal kettle w fittings/thermometer will be delivered from Adventures in HB. And then wed my new burner sq14 will be in. Now the wife can't say I'm stinking up the house...

And to top it off yesterday at a swim party i took one of my ales over the guys actually liked it... and they are the type that think Spotted Cow is the best of what's around... followed by miller 64 or bud light.

Well,get ready for the next stage in brewing. For me it was PB/PM BIAB. Sounds like you may've won some converts. I did that last Wednesday with the lawn care guys. Got a few different styles in the fridge for this Wed. You never know where this'll lead?...:mug:

The RIS I just did was PB/PM BIAB. I really liked it. I went over to a buddies house last thursday and saw his 5 gal cooler set up etc. It was cool too. Makes me want to build my own tower to brew on.

oh it was just a wood one that probably cost no more that 40. to make in wood. Heck probably even cheaper if I went and took wood scrap from the houses going up in my 'hood.

I bought the single weld 9 gallon pot from AIH a couple weeks back. I was going to get the two weld with a Blichman thermometer, but after reading the problems people had with the thermo sticking and whatnot, I figured I'd go with my standard thermometer and just get the stainless valve in a single weld. The pot quality is very good (no it's not a Blichman or anything of that caliber), but it is well built, good fitting cover, and it's finished well. They state that you might expect minor dings/blemishes (for the price), but mine looks like a million bucks. I'm waiting for my wort chiller to get here, then I'll just need the Lauter Tun/HLT and I'll be moving to the all-grain side of things. I definately think the pot is worth the $69 (single weld) or $79 (double weld). JMO.

This one was 103 shipped w the thermometer and valve, 3' of h ose and bazooka screen.

Awesome! I think i will get the single weld since i will use my 5 gal kettle for heating strike and sparge water. Guess i better get the manifold finished for my mash tun

Back