I had a CRAPPIE day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
That's right gentlemen- the crappies here up north are spawning and in the shallows. We caught a few crappies, a few bluegills, and a few gorgeous pumpkins seeds. Enough for a fish fry. A cold north wind, but a sunny day and a great day to be outside fishing in our jon boat. I saw two mature bald eagles eyeing us up, alot of songbirds, a few cranes and not one other person (besides my HWMO).

Tonight, we're having a crappie dinner and it there are any leftovers we'll have crappie sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. (That's my son's favorite thing- telling his friends his mom made him a crappie sandwich.)

Alright now I'm jealous. All the lakes and rivers around here are flooded so no good fishing here for awhile. Sounds like your weekend is off to a "crappie" start though :ban:

Crappie left-overs, crappie aroma on your hands and in your house, crappie garbage. I think you are instore for a crappie weekend!

As a kid we vacationed in Eagle River, WI and I remember catching crappies & bluegills. The adults were always after walleye and muskie, but we ate more crappies than anything else.

Crappie - The original fish chip.

Back