Which name for my brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which name for my brewery?

• Loose Screws Brewery/Brewing Company

• Angry Pirate Brewing Company

• 148 Street Brewery

• None of the above...insert idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

injendsm

Reaction score
I've tossed around 3 different names and I can't settle on one. I'm leaning toward the first 2 on the poll. Story behind each:

148 Street Brewery-This is the street I grew up on in Miami.
Angry Pirate Brewing Company-Look "angry pirate" up on urbandictionary.com; dirty but very funny meaning.
Loose Screws Brewery/Brewing Company-Self explanatory and I think it rolls off the tongue nicely.

I voted for Loose Screws. Although IMHO drop the "s" off the end of screws. I can see 148 Street (BTW I live off of SW 184 St.) but I lean towards Loose Screw. If you grew up off SW 148 St, you could call it Pinecrest Brewery as that is what that part of town is called now, lol. (I don't know how long it's been since you've been back)

'Cause we all get to the point where family and friends think we must have a screw loose to be so obsessed with making beer, I voted for this one.

I voted for Loose Screws. Although IMHO drop the "s" off the end of screws. I can see 148 Street (BTW I live off of SW 184 St.) but I lean towards Loose Screw. If you grew up off SW 148 St, you could call it Pinecrest Brewery as that is what that part of town is called now, lol. (I don't know how long it's been since you've been back)

I actually thought about taking the "s" off the end of screw as I was posting this. As for 148 Street, I was on the NW part of it and when I lived there (1985-1997), it was Biscayne Gardens. Thanks for the votes and comments, guy. Loose Screw was the one I considered most and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to think it's a good name.

Loose Screw is the ticket, but Angry Pirate is funny as hell (and oh the lable possibilities :D )

Maybe Loose Screw Brewery could brew up an Angry Pirate Cream Ale, or a Angry Pirate Nut Brown, or a... well you get the point ;)

'Cause we all get to the point where family and friends think we must have a screw loose to be so obsessed with making beer, I voted for this one.

That's why I think it should be Screw Loose Brewery instead of Loose Screws. It just sounds better to me.

I think I would like Screw Loose Brewery.

I think it sounds better out loud and also has a subtle innuendo which may or may not be acceptable (guessing by the Angry Pirate option, I'll guess you won't be offended ;)).

Loose Screw is the ticket, but Angry Pirate is funny as hell (and oh the lable possibilities :D )

Maybe Loose Screw Brewery could brew up an Angry Pirate Cream Ale, or a Angry Pirate Nut Brown, or a... well you get the point ;)

LMAO, good call, sir.

Back