Star Trek or Star Wars?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Data might be kinda cool in his own way. But "when 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not". He'd be a rusty pile of junk. I bet even a T10,000 (next gen) from Terminator could kick his arse.

Yoda on the other hand...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you're probably right. Especially since inside the Chewbacca suit you actually have this.

That funny. Brent spiner kind of looked like him in independence day lol

spiner .jpg

Original Star Trek was good - when I was in grade school.
Star Trek TNG was good when I was in college.
Startrek Enterprise was good because, well, just two words - Jolene Blalock!!!
The recent Star Trek move - really good can't wait for the next one.

Firefly - one of the best sci-fi shows ever done cancelled waaaaay to early, even SWMBO likes that one, hates everything else says Star Trek is too communist and stupid (STBM - sucks to be me).

Star Wars movies - first three were really good when they came out, the last new episodes, they're ok to watch if you're bored, there's absolutely nothing else to do, SWIMBO ain't around and you've been drinking.

Stargate Universe was the best series of any of the Stargate shows. You should check it out if you get a chance.

I still don't understand this thread.

All star trek's, then somewhere down the list is star wars.
Hell I would put futurama ahead of star wars!

You mean epic awesomeness? This... is... our.. INDEPENDENCE DAYYYYYY!

....gonna hafta pretend you didn't say that....

Independance day SUCKS. Will at his worst, more "Oh here you happen to find us waiting for you, despite the fact that the world is in chaos and we ARE the proverbial needle in the fracking haystack" moments than I can force myself to recall, unbelieveable purely evil aliens who travelled LIGHTYEARS across universes with technology FAR beyond ours, but just can't seem to scrape the pesky life off of this rock....:drunk:

Stargate Universe was the best series of any of the Stargate shows. You should check it out if you get a chance.

I'd have to disagree. Nothing appealed to me about sgu, but I loved sg1 and to a lesser extent sga. I do think sg1 got bad after Richard Dean Anderson was promoted to General. Universe was just balance of power stuff between scientists and military and next to no exploring. Not my cup o tea. If you enjoy that you'd probably like the new BSG.

Stay on target!

Stay on target!

This thread is in danger of being thrown off track faster than Darth Vader's Imperial Tie Fighter when Han Solo blasted him out of the trench in Episode IV!

Stay on target!

Stay on target!

This thread is in danger of being thrown off track faster than Darth Vader's Imperial Tie Fighter when Han Solo blasted him out of the trench in Episode IV!

Don't worry, Spok can correctly calculate the correction and Mr. Sulu will lay in a course.

( the death star wouldn't have made Captain Kirk break a sweat )

Galactica would down the death star and the enterprise in 5 minutes.;)

Not a chance.
Kirk could face the entire Romulan fleet and not only come out with hardly a scratch on the enterprise, but he would also get several of the women on Galactica pregnant by beaming a few over while they weren't expecting it.

Of course he would send them home when he was done.

And don't get me started on what Voyager could do in battle against that lumbering ship.....

Hell, they spanked the Borg!

Not a chance.
Kirk could face the entire Romulan fleet and not only come out with hardly a scratch on the enterprise, but he would also get several of the women on Galactica pregnant by beaming a few over while they weren't expecting it.

Of course he would send them home when he was done.

And don't get me started on what Voyager could do in battle against that lumbering ship.....

Hell, they spanked the Borg!

Lol, lumbering ship!!!They would Jump in unload 50 vipers, launch 10 nukes and jump away.

I am kidding. It is obvious that the laws of physics differ in each of these imaginary universes, so comparison is more futile than predicting the winner of the U of L vs Florida NCAA bowl game......;)

Lol, lumbering ship!!!They would Jump in unload 50 vipers, launch 10 nukes and jump away.

I am kidding. It is obvious that the laws of physics differ in each of these imaginary universes, so comparison is more futile than predicting the winner of the U of L vs Florida NCAA bowl game......;)

Nukes???

What an outdated ship! Photon torpedo is the way to go!!
Phasers for the light work like vipers.

They don't even have to drop the shields to do it!

Funny, if you look at Star Trek though, there is a lot of technology that has come to light, some of their views of the future that look antiquated, and many scientists who were inspired by the show when they were young.

I've re watched all the Star Trek shows on Netflix ( except next generation, that's just wrong).
Some of the stuff on the original series that seemed so futuristic is just plain 60's antiques from todays perspective.

Not next Generation!! I would expect more from a guy with an image of Clint from back in the spaghetti western days.

I am more of an OG guy and I like the new universe one too. My wife is a huge fan of next gen though so I have seen them all. Anyway if you watch that vid its actually a comedy re-edit. lol

And back to Data... not even Picard will stand up to him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=1iTsLZFaYIw

Spok may not be able to take Data based on physical strength, but logic would prevail and he would be able to defeat him.

Plus, we've seen that Spok can mind meld with an intelligent machine so he's got that going!

Spok and Kirk simply cant be beat. Between Kirk's gut instinct and Spoks spot on logic, they've got every base covered.

John Wayne himself would have a hard time with them.

Homercidal said:
Galactica would be screwed as soon as they beam a couple of hot androids into the CIC. Androids programmed to "swirl".

Lol.. Set phasers to Swirl.

Yeah, the cylons would have been his downfall for sure!

I don't think so. Between him and Spok, he would have found a way to steal the swirl robots and destroy the mother ship!

Remember, Kirk found a way to cheat the Kobayashi Maru, or the no win scenario test at the academy because he ALWAYS gets what he wants and he would really want one of those swirl robots.

Face it, Kirk was the most awesome captain ever to fly in space!

I don't know.....the cylons are strong and too hot to be denied. Admiral Adama is a BADASS, Starbuck can't be beat, The President has some sort of deity feeding her the plan.......

Fun argument.

I don't know.....the cylons are strong and too hot to be denied. Admiral Adama is a BADASS, Starbuck can't be beat, The President has some sort of deity feeding her the plan.......

Fun argument.

The Cylons are strong, but even in the early times from Star Trek Enterprise, from the first deep space mission capable earth ship, when the Xindi made an attack on earth, they were able to travel to unknown parts within a region known as the expanse and defeat not only the reptilians and insectoids in the Xindi culture, but also the enemy from the future that was guiding them.

Really with no space experience and only one HOT vulcan who had never been to that part of space., Captain Archer managed to overcome in a region that the Vulcans were scared of that so I have no doubt that the great Captain Kirk would take on the Cylons on his way to some peace conference or something.

Probably wouldn't make more than a small entry in his captains log.

Probably wouldn't make more than a small entry in his captains log.

Captain's Log, Stardate 1628.5. On our second day of traveling to Risa from Vulcan, an unidentified craft jumped from what can only be described as a partial warp or impulse attempted to attack us with a primitive weapon Spock described as "A primitive nuclear warhead device". The device bounced off of our shields and detonated in space. Interested in these new alien life forms, I, Bones, Spock, and Lt. Dregle beamed aboard to investigate. The lifeforms appear human, yet Spock and Bones informed me they are merely a robot of advanced design. Upon being discovered aboard their ship, one of these creatures (an extremely attractive blonde female) fired upon us, killing Lt Dregle. The remainder of us beamed back to the Enterprise and fired a single photon torpedo upon the ship. destroying it completely.

Captain's Log, Stardate 1628.5. On our second day of traveling to Risa from Vulcan, an unidentified craft jumped from what can only be described as a partial warp or impulse attempted to attack us with a primitive weapon Spock described as "A primitive nuclear warhead device". The device bounced off of our shields and detonated in space. Interested in these new alien life forms, I, Bones, Spock, and Lt. Dregle beamed aboard to investigate. The lifeforms appear human, yet Spock and Bones informed me they are merely a robot of advanced design. Upon being discovered aboard their ship, one of these creatures (an extremely attractive blonde female) fired upon us, killing Lt Dregle. The remainder of us beamed back to the Enterprise and fired a single photon torpedo upon the ship. destroying it completely.

Classic! You even included the sacrificial red shirt!

cheezydemon3 said:
........you really gonna bring up that quasi space movie pile of dung in these hallowed halls???????WELL???????

I was just bringing up that he looked like chewbacca actor in it. Plus I liked independence day. But back to star trek and star wars I guess

Erroneous said:
I'd have to disagree. Nothing appealed to me about sgu, but I loved sg1 and to a lesser extent sga. I do think sg1 got bad after Richard Dean Anderson was promoted to General. Universe was just balance of power stuff between scientists and military and next to no exploring. Not my cup o tea. If you enjoy that you'd probably like the new BSG.

Agreed. Sg1 way better. Plus sgu kind of had a star trek voyager feel to it.

YES! x 1000

Oh, please. You know full well that Catp. Kirk would have had "liaisons" with the two hottest cylons before Spock could intercept.

"I... noticed... you're... notwearing...hardlyany... clothing. I guess there's... really... nothinglefttodo... but... come with me... tomy... captainsquarters!"

"Sheilds" lol. Sounds made up.

I prefer the gritty meat hook realities of BSG where they have to solve problems or take it on the nose.

Unlike star trek, where they just put up their shields, or call upon some amazon women, or reverse the polarity on their toasters all at the exact same moment.

No I think that when Kirk arrived in "reality", his shields would not function.

Latest posts

Back