MD spring brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seriously, very very poor CL etiquette! I was actually looking forward to driving to germantown too tomorrow!! I was gonna hit up the DFH taphouse for lunch

Hey Al. We have Chai, however, we don't have an OG for the brew. We can do a basic 1055, a big 1075 or something in the middle. Also, did you notice Wyeast just made 3711 (Saison) a year round strain? Kind of a good thing we pushed this one to the April brew day.

Hey Al. We have Chai, however, we don't have an OG for the brew. We can do a basic 1055, a big 1075 or something in the middle. Also, did you notice Wyeast just made 3711 (Saison) a year round strain? Kind of a good thing we pushed this one to the April brew day.

I'd prefer something light and refreshing, so I'd want to go somewhere in the lower range.

Al, I'm not trying to shoot down the Mint Chocolate Stout, but we should probably consider the abundant availability of mint in the summer as opposed to April.

Well if it sways your decision any, the Graff will be a partial mash which even my brew wench could handle by herself ;)

Partial mash?? Sounds like a wussy Graff.

I'm up for doing whatever we want to brew. If you want to do the stout, we do it. If not, oh well. :p

Partial mash?? Sounds like a wussy Graff.

I'm up for doing whatever we want to brew. If you want to do the stout, we do it. If not, oh well. :p

Blend it with some Lithuanian mead to make it a manly drink. :mug:

I still may do the recipe and forgo the mint myself. It's a secondary item so you could still add it.

I just spent 5 hours today digging out. Now we are supposed to get another foot wednesday.

hahah, I started shoveling to get to my shed... its all frozen, ill see ifi can get back later, like around noon after some sun has hit it...

one of the first things i did when i started cleaning up on Saturday was to shovel a path from my porch, to my basement doors, to my shed.

How much did the Balt/DC area end up getting? I live around the Philly/DE border and i think last time i heard they said we got 29.5", and now getting ready for tomorrow. I'll end up brewing 3 beers this week

I got about 28" just south of Columbia. I did my driveway and cars yesterday and some people down the hill used a snow blower on the street so a car can get through. They're suppose to come at some point today to plow, but I have a feeling it's just going to mess things up worse.

I think we got about the same (28-30"). They came through my neighborhood with a basic plow. One lane in the dead center, which means there's about 8 feet of unplowed/unshoveled space between the end of my driveway and the road. Glad I have a 4x4.

I should brew some mead and do some racking and other things, but I got mega lazy.
Unlike some of you where a snow day means the day off to sit and brew, I have to work from home.

I think we got about the same (28-30"). They came through my neighborhood with a basic plow. One lane in the dead center, which means there's about 8 feet of unplowed/unshoveled space between the end of my driveway and the road. Glad I have a 4x4.

I should brew some mead and do some racking and other things, but I got mega lazy.
Unlike some of you where a snow day means the day off to sit and brew, I have to work from home.

They did the same thing to us with the plow. It took me over two hours of shoveling just to get to the damn driveway from the street. And a snow day for me means I still have to drive into work.

well, i work from home when i brew too... but it usually consists of checking my email and answering a phone call or two.

thinking of doing an english brown but i have never brewed one, anyone have any good recommendations on recipes as a base?

ha~ Ryan PA has an awesome recipe... do you beersmith?

we got about 19 inches, 8 more to come tomorrow.

i dug to the shed and have a wee heavey in the works!

I went and got a pizza for lunch just to get out of the house. The roads were OK, but not all there. Lots were clear, some were packed snow and other places it was single lane.

My way into work main roads were perfectly fine but as soon as you got off them they turned into total ****.

Hey guys! New brewer here in MD. Been brewing for a few months now. Just wanted to say that its so cool to see so many brewers in my local area. I just noticed the brew day group in someone's signature and decided to check this forum to see what's up.

Anyway, greetings!

Back