Beer in Albuquerque?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvcorliss

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Next week my wife ... not me unfortunately, is heading to ALB to visit relatives. On previous visits she and her sisters have gone winery hopping. Since I've started brewing my wife is enjoying hitting good beer bars and breweries with me and wants to introduce the sisters to the good stuff. Any suggestions for good beer bars and/or breweries with good tasting rooms in the area?

Thanks for her!

mvcorliss said:
Hey folks,
Next week my wife ... not me unfortunately, is heading to ALB to visit relatives. On previous visits she and her sisters have gone winery hopping. Since I've started brewing my wife is enjoying hitting good beer bars and breweries with me and wants to introduce the sisters to the good stuff. Any suggestions for good beer bars and/or breweries with good tasting rooms in the area?

Thanks for her!

La Cumbre, best IPA period. Won gold at the GABF this year. Better than Stone IMO. Great pilsner, stout, pale ale, heck don't think they make a bad beer.

Stay away from Kelly's and Bad Ass.

Abq Brew Pub and Chama both have some nice food/atmosphere to go with the beer. Chama has some solid ones. Brew Pub is by the guy who won Sam Adam's Longshot contest a while back. They ferment and serve in kegs, and their beers tend to be a bit maltier. I'm not a huge fan, but some really like them.

La Cumbre is fun and damn good, and Marble is solid. You can even get their (Marble) IPA in otherwise barren wastelands like Chile's and is pretty common around town. I hear good things about Nexus also (waffles and fried chicken are their only food items).

"Albuquerque Hopfest" on facebook is a pretty good feed for NM beer news.

Oh, and the Il Vicino taproom is good (and their restaurants have some killer food). If you can get their brown fresh, it is dry hopped like crazy and smells like heaven. Il Vicino doesn't get the respect it deserves in town.

edit: If you're on the west side of town, Turtle Mountain is the place to be.

I was asked if NM had dry counties? My buddy who over heard said "hell no, we get rain every day"
!!

Back