Bottle Corker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoke76

Reaction score
I'm bottleing 20 bottles tonight and was wondering if I needed a wine bottle corker or was there another way to cork the bottles?

George

Get a corker. I've used the plunger and the double level corkers. The double level is nice and easy runs around $20 while the plunger can be a pain but is $6.

I would always suggest getting a corker! Saves a lot of time and headaches and the better one you get the easier it is. I got a floor corker and it takes a matter of about 2 seconds and it is in the correct depth and no damage to the cork.

The floor corkers run around 60-70 area and the hank corkers can run from 20 and up. Forcing the corks with things like mallets are dangerous and can damage the corks where they will not seal good.

I picked up a 2 lever hand corker last night for $16. It worked great! It took me about 10 min to cork 23 bottles. Thanks for the insight!

Back