everything will be alright

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zokfend

Reaction score
i can appreciate times like right now.

mondays kick my @ss. i leave work and come home feeling all beat up. my kids are all loud. first thing my wife wants to do right as i step into the door is go grocery shopping. so i have to scarf down my dinner halfway out the door. we spend a load of cash at sams club, then a load more at the gas station, then come home. by now i'm dead-beat. but now we bathe the kids. put them in bed, and they're asleep. wife is in living room, and house is quiet.

so here i sit, in a quiet back room, on this computer, sipping my farmhouse saison that's been bottle-conditioning for 6 weeks. sooooo delicious. i already have a buzz.

yeah, in spite of all the craziness today . . . . everything will be alright.

:p

:mug:

I am sipping on my first brew....a Double I.P.A....it is very very good. I kinda am suprised....Everything will be alright!

Cheers!

This sounds like my nights to a T. Absolute craziness until the very end of the night....when I can finally take a breath, have a homebrew and finally relax. :mug:

mondays kick my @ss. i leave work and come home feeling all beat up. my kids are all loud. first thing my wife wants to do right as i step into the door is go grocery shopping. so i have to scarf down my dinner halfway out the door. we spend a load of cash at sams club, then a load more at the gas station, then come home. by now i'm dead-beat. but now we bathe the kids. put them in bed, and they're asleep. wife is in living room, and house is quiet.

so here i sit, in a quiet back room, on this computer, sipping my farmhouse saison that's been bottle-conditioning for 6 weeks. sooooo delicious. i already have a buzz.

Because I know Mondays are the most difficult days of the week for me to get through I do as little as possible and try to relax after work and regroup. Why can't another night of the week be the night you go shopping? I actually look forward to Monday nights though, I love the sitcom lineup that night....but I work 3rd shift now so that doesn't matter anymore, usually waking up and taking shower at that time now.

Zokfend said:

Hey, what are you doing in my life? Lol
I hear ya brother!

Stock market crashed? Hurricane warnings? Job sucks? Weather sucks? Friends busy?

None of that matters as I'm going to brew some beer with some loud rock music.

Sounds just like when we were young. I'd come home from work on Friday,At about 3:15pm. Get back home & finally get to take my shoes off around 7 or 8pm. Def beer time!

I know it is not quite the same, but my class schedule on mondays is a *****. My first class is at 10:10 AM and my last class lets out at 9:50 PM. I have 8:15 of PURE class time: 2x 50 minute lectures, a 3:45 lab, and a 2:50 minute lecture to end the day.

At least in my lab we typically hike 5-9 miles in the 4 hours, and the 3 hr lecture at the end of the day is 3,000 students and with one of the best professors in the nation.

I LOVE my new major, just the scheduling SUCKS with 4 labs this semester!

I like how Labrollprod puts it in his youtube batch sparge video, about 20 seconds into the video:

It's a beautiful Wednesday morning, . . . sky is shining, birds are chirping, dogs are barking, . . . and I say screw work, let's brew some beer!

that got an applause out of me.

Back