My first Craigslist find!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valicious

Reaction score
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/for/1488301837.html

3m23p13lc5Oa5P95S69buff1b7887d8dc1fd1.jpg

Master Brewer’s Equipment Kit List Instructional Homebrewing Video or DVD • “How to Brew” Book by John Palmer • One 6.5 Gallon Plastic Fermenter • Two 5 Gallon Glass Carboys • Two Universal Carboy Bungs • Two "S" Type Airlocks • One 3-Piece Airlocks • Triplescale Hydrometer (for measuring alcohol content) • 8 oz. of One Step Sanitizer • 2 oz. PBW Cleaner • FermTech AutoSiphon • FermTech Wine Thief • Siphon Tubing • Carboy Brush • Three Liquid Crystal Thermometers • Eight Inch Funnel • Refrigerator Thermostat Control • Cornelius Keg System

It was originally priced at $300, but after we spent nearly an hour talking about beer and homebrewing, he gave it all to me for $275 :mug::tank:

I'm hoping to get the pipeline going soon, sothat extra keg will come in real handy for storing beer.

Thanks for the public service announcement. Not enough homebrewers are aware of the dangers of letting their pets defecate on their brewing equipment.

LMAO.... Nice, Nice response... No way that was your first thoughts.

I don't know where you are in the brewing stages, but it looks like the only other thing you need to do extracts is a boil kettle and a heat source.
A co2 tank and regulator can run $100+, Glass carboys $20-30 each, Keg and connectors $25-45, Refrigerator Thermostat Control $30-90. The fact that you got it all in one stop without having to chase it all down... I don't think you did too bad.

LOL... I am glad to know that you can trust Doc to keep his pets in check around your equipment.

Ed

Wow of all first replys doc, WOW!
Looks like ya did really well. Can never have enough carboys or corny's in my opinion.
Now the next task is what beer shall be the first to break in the new stuff?

That's midwest's kit, which is $320 new, plus shipping of course (which is $$ considering all the stuff you get)....pretty good deal

This isn't my entire kit, just some stuff I bought to supplement my addiction :D

I've got a 10gal SS kettle (really need to attach a ball valve, but don't have the tools), a 5gal SS kettle for my HLT, a bottle washer, two primaries, two carboys, and a corny keg I adapted so it can be a secondary too. (plus a bunch of odds and ends)
Plus now this stuff too :rockin:

I've got an Export Stout bottled and a Schwarzbier in a carboy, both from extracts. I've got the grains and hops all ready for a Silver Dollar Porter, Caramel vanilla Cream Ale, and a Orange Blossom Honey Ale. I just need my Igloo MLT to be released from the clutches of UPS first. Sadly, I made the mistake of thinking a 5-gallon MLT was enough for 5-gallon batches.
(Oh yeah, I have 3 gallons of what looks to be a kickass mead in a carboy right now too)

I just got into homebrew about a month ago, and HBT has been an invaluable resource. HBT has got me sorely tempted to buy a membership. Beer or membership...beer or membership....

Latest posts

Back