Earwigs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
These damn pincher bugs are everywhere! This morning in the shower I drown 3 of them and was severely grossed out.

I know that they are attracted to cool, damp places b/c they love moisture...

Any suggestions on how to kill these mother effers? I was thinking about getting some indoor bug spray and then going on a long car ride to let the house defunkify.

Reminds me when I was working in the yard years ago and when I was done for the day I took my gloves off and set them down in the shade on a tree stump and the next morning when I put them on I got one hell of a surprise!!! I felt something poke my fingers and when I pulled the glove off there were some latched onto my finger tips....nasty bugs!!!

Moral of the story....ALWAYS check your gloves...lol

Get some stuff called Suspend SC, kills EVERYTHING for up to 3 months. I got mine from epestsolutions.com. The guys there are super nice too. Send them an email with your problem and they will hook you up.
For example, I had a large wasp nest some where in my attic but I wasnt sure exactly where it was and I didnt want to go in there looking for it. I sent them an email about it and they recomended these bug bombs. $3 bucks a bomb and they did one hell of a job. It killed everything lurking around in the attic.

This site says to pump gas into your furniture.

29kx2j7.jpg

Got bugs?

These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself. Welcome to the Roughnecks

starship_troopers_large_05.jpg

These bugs are just like us. Just as smart as we are. They want to study us. They want to know what makes us tick. They want to know our likes and dislikes. In short: they want to know about us... so they can KILL US!

Dreft laundry detergent kills them. At my old house, we would sprinkle it around the outside perimeter of the house in the spring and fall. You just sprinkle it, then spray it with a garden nozzle, just enough to start it foaming, but not rinse it away.

You have to get them outside. They won't live long or breed inside for a number of reasons, they are just prowling around when you find them. Plain soapy water from a super soaker will kill them. There are also bait type pellets that will kill them. Although I hesitate to use chemicals, I wiped out thousands of them with diazanon one time when they ate my sunflower seedlings. They really don't like that stuff. It looked like a volcanic eruption of bugs from under my doorstep when I hit them with it. A fond memory.

I've never heard of anyone actually getting pinched by one of these. They are ugly critters and can be a pain. I like to find large groups of them under damp and rotting stuff around the house.

No, they don't crawl in your ears and eat your brain. (But they did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!)

Back