Priming sugar got me to thinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy4Rick

Reaction score
Is there any chance the boil time on the priming sugar could affect the carb level in the bottle? Seems like the last couple of batches have been car'b differently even with the same amount of sugar.

I don't know, just thinking
Toy4Rick

Is there any chance the boil time on the priming sugar could affect the carb level in the bottle? Seems like the last couple of batches have been car'b differently even with the same amount of sugar.

I don't know, just thinking
Toy4Rick

IIRC temperature will have some effect on the level of carbonation that results from bottle conditioning after priming.

--Also different beers will carbonate differently depending on their FG, obviously.

You might also have different amounts of CO2 already dissolved in the beer after fermentation, or small amounts of residual sugar that the yeast "left behind" during your main ferment, especially if you cold-crashed or something that would've encouraged the yeast to flocculate while they were still working on that last little bit of sugar.

Back