Stawberry banana blonde ale was a success!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFear1980

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I posted about excperementing with a stawberry banana beer and people told me to let them know how it came out. Well its perfect! Better then I could Imagine even with a higher fermentation temp! So that's the scoup its great! Thanks for the advice people it was a big help

Really not worthless, IMO. I have a difficult time, picturing in my mind, what a beer with bananas would taste like. Maybe I'll have to try a small 2gal batch. Was there a recipe in the prior post?

Anyway you can hook me up with the recipe! I have a Strawberry Shandy im bottling monday and a triple mango ipa to bottle monday as well. Would love to make a strawberry banana ale for summer time!!!
Thanks

I'm on the road right now but I WILL post the recipe when I get home. Its a blonde ale and my own recipe. Yea most people thought it was a bad idea but now that its done everyone loves it. The hardest part was combining the two flavors really but its all worked out great. So anyways ill post it asap

In for recipe and process.

My brother in law used a raw banana in his boil of his last Belgian strong ale and it actually give it a nice flavor!

Hurry up and post the recipe. My next project is a strawberry blonde, no banana. I think I've got the recipe planned, but a recent data point would be appreciated. :)

Just a thought here ... I searched the OPs other threads / posts to try finding the recipe they used, and also googled how to get banana flavoring into the beer.

The most prevalent results were all people describing banana / bubblegum flavors in their beer as off flavors.

In looking at the OPs threads, it looks like his initial fermentation was a bit on the hot side ~78 degrees. I am wondering if the flavor he is getting is just this off flavor others have described as banana / bubblegum, or the intentional flavoring done during brewing or fermentation? In either case, this sounds really interesting, I would like to see the recipe as well!

Latest posts

Back