• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15 gallon round cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerSpeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get one from? I know sports teams can get 15 and 20 gallon water coolers. I would love to get one to replace my 10 so I will have the room to do 10 gallon batches!

I have a 10 gallon, and do 10 gallon batches all the time. I fit 25 pounds of grain, with 7.5 gallons of water. Of course, I'm limited to about 8% beers, unless I do less than 10.

That's an intriguing idea though. I subscribed to see what you come up with.

Same as the poster above, I successfully use my 10 gallons round Rubbermaid for 10 gallon batches. Usually 1070 and under.

But I would love a 20 gallon version.

Same as the poster above, I successfully use my 10 gallons round Rubbermaid for 10 gallon batches. Usually 1070 and under.

But I would love a 20 gallon version.

i have 13.2 german rubber coated kegs if you want something larger,im local,shoot me a pm

I have a 10 gallon, and do 10 gallon batches all the time. I fit 25 pounds of grain, with 7.5 gallons of water. Of course, I'm limited to about 8% beers, unless I do less than 10.

That's an intriguing idea though. I subscribed to see what you come up with.

yea, I want one for the IIPA's,etc...I have a local wrestling coach who said he would order me a 15 gallon one but it is on back order and may be discontinued!

Typically if you want larger than 10g, you make your own out of a kettle/keggle and insulate it. May be more cost effective anyway.

Typically if you want larger than 10g, you make your own out of a kettle/keggle and insulate it. May be more cost effective anyway.

No reason not to use a rectangular cooler unless you really just must a round cooler for aesthetic purposes. Many brewers use rectangular coolers - they are generally much cheaper than round coolers and available in many different sizes. I personally use a 17.5 gallon (75 quart) coleman that's good for ~50 pounds meaning a pretty big barleywine (10 gallons) on up to 20 gallons of a standar ale.

No reason not to use a rectangular cooler unless you really just must a round cooler for aesthetic purposes. Many brewers use rectangular coolers - they are generally much cheaper than round coolers and available in many different sizes. I personally use a 17.5 gallon (75 quart) coleman that's good for ~50 pounds meaning a pretty big barleywine (10 gallons) on up to 20 gallons of a standar ale.

I have many rectangular coolers up to 150 quarts but just like the round ones....looks like i'll be making another keggle anyway.

Back