Group grain buy Pittsburgh / Western PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the last guy was so damned hyper and ended up pulling the plug it is actually a relief that you are being patient about the whole thing and trying to maximize the benefit for everyone involved.

I figure if we get everything organized the first time ,then if we do another it should run smooth.

Thanks for everything bugman....I just pm'd you for my invoice. And with this going to sleepystevensons place, If you can put me down for one bag of Fawcet Maris Otter on the 2nd pallet, I can pick that up myself and relay any others that are interested back to the Akron area ( no extra cost unless i can't get them in my car and need to drive my truck )
Thanks again bugman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bugman, if there is room on the second pallet I'd like to get in on this.

2 - CM 2Row
1 - BM Dark Munich
1 - BD MOPA

I only have $15 in my paypal right now. I just added another $120 to cover this, but it said there is a 3-5 day waiting period to make sure it clears.

This is awesome. Let me know whats up.

Heya Bugman -

If there is room on the 2nd pallet, please add one more bag of:

CMC Superior Pale - CM-PALE to my list. Should bring it up to 7 bags for my part of the list.

Thank you.

Ok we still have 7 slots open for the second pallet. I will close it off tomorrow and send the invoices out.

The Drizzle
faithinchaos

I still need these email addresses PMed to me...

OK. My order on first and second looks good.

Quick edit. I think I need two more sacks of the two row so throw those one for me. Thanks.

Sleepy. I have 4 bags ordered for Greg. Just want to make sure we aren't double ordering. I talked to him tonight.

Heya Hermit. NO, my order does not have any bags for Gregg included.

Bugman - are you gonna do a spreadsheet for the second pallet? Just wondering, no big deal either way, I just want to make sure that my buddy's order for five bags (TomA) has a separate invoice from my order for 7 bags. Thanks.

Bugman, I sent you a PM, but if there's room left on the 2nd pallet, please add a sack of CM2-ROW to my order (bringing me to 4 sacks total).

Thanks again!

Ok guys that's the cut off.. Please check the spread sheets and make sure everything is ok.....

Where is LHBS? I buy from South Hills Brewing Supp in the Carnegie area. I live down in Canonsburg...

Actually heading to SHBS this afternoon...

I'm good with the 2nd pallet except (if it matters) in the total bags column I should be 1 instead of 0.

I'm not listed on the second pallet...I assume I missed the cut-off? If not, I'd like a sack of CM-2ROW. My 3 sacks on the first spreadsheet are correct.

Jon you are on it, I just messed up and didn't put you in and put it under someone else. I will fix it when I get home. I am just waiting for north country to email me the invoice..

Jon you are on it, I just messed up and didn't put you in and put it under someone else. I will fix it when I get home. I am just waiting for north country to email me the invoice..
Perfect! Thanks again for putting this together...don't worry about any mistakes, you've put a heroic effort into this, and I'm sure we'll all manage to work it out. :)

I live in the south hills of Pittsburgh and would like to get in on this order if there is still time. Has this order been placed, If so when do you think the group would do another order?
Thanks,
-Wade

Is this your first group buy? We just split ours up yesterday, and it can be a little tricky.
Of course, we may just be dumb.

_

Care to explain that? This is just full bags of grain.

You may want to hand unload the palette if you can get some help. That way if you're short, or a bag is broken, you can note it on the shipping invoice and get a credit for it. We we're actually shorted one bag of 2-row.

Also some of the bags are not easy to decipher, check each bag at least twice so you know exactly what type of grain is actually in there. We had a few mixups, but they were sorted out. Every different mfg has a different bag labeling system, some are easy to read some are very vague.

_

Just as an update, NCM agreed to replace the bag of malt. They're 2 day fed-exing it, right to the guy's house. Simply unbelievable.

_

Thanks again Bugman for putting this together. I will do the best I can to make sure everything is ok with the order when it is delivered - thanks for the advice, WildWest. Do you need any more info from me to get it here? I assume that they will give you a delivery timeframe when they send you the invoice. Lemme know if you need anything.

Nope I think we are good. I am just waiting for the final invoice wich should be here in an hour or so and we will get it ordered. They were missing a few bags that needed to be added. Sorry its taking forever between the shipping and everything but it should be smooth sailing now. We ended up with 107 per pallet and like 20 for fuel on the shipping so we will be right around the 3 dollar per bag...

Back