Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brew magic system:
sabco.jpg

swwwwweet!

How does the cement board work for a heat shield? I'm down to this on my 3 tier. Never thought of using it.

It works very well. It does get hot, though. If you look at the first pic, the cooler handle on the left melted a bit due to being up against the cement board. It's pretty much at the same height as the HLT burner, so it happened to be resting against the hottest point. Oh well, still works well.

Well my Brutus has been sold. To the person I sold it to I hope it serves you as well as it did me. But it is no longer big enough for me needs. My new system has been ordered as of today.

Morebeer's 2050 with a new Blichmann 27 gallon tri clamp conical to go with it.

Will post pics in 12 weeks when the rig gets here.

The 3 Dog Brewery Phase IV
RHIM System

I should credit Justin Bruett (CHEM System) as the inspiration for my structure.

3dog_pico-brewery_P3_3-2.png

The heat infusor is used only for mashing and is controlled by an Auber PID and Solid State Relay, running of 120V.

HLT and Kettle are Propane using Music City Metals 13" Jambalaya Burners.

I plan on adding cabinet drawers to store stuff in like stirring spoons, water salts, hydrometers, my refractometer, etc as well as all the PBW and cleaning stuff I have around.

Ok, that thing is awesome. BLING BLING! I guess I'll hold off posting my new rig for a few more pages. Great job!

Well its getting close!!! 2 pumps , 3 banjo burners , water filter and 3 shiny keggles . Well I need to learn how to add a pic.

Lets see maybe!! OK I think I have it figured out ! Been collecting stuff since I started 2 years ago and finally got to start on it. I have done more but need new pics. I'm really proud of how I ran my gas header. I think it looks clean without the pipe.

beerstand.jpg

I have done more but need new pics. I'm really proud of how I ran my gas header. I think it looks clean without the pipe.

That looks snappy! :mug:
The gas header is cool, nicely done. Are you going to use soft copper or the corrugated flexible line to connect the header to the burner?

I'm much too lazy to polish my keggles, that seems like a lot of grunt work, looks good on the black cart though.

Thanks for posting these pics they are helpful to someone like myself trying to get started!

Well... it isn't exactly a brew sculpture yet, but... hopefully it will be in the next couple of weeks. I used Google Sketchup to model all the components to exact dimension and scale, which allowed me to play around with the layout and design and dial everything in. I owe a huge thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post information and photos to this thread. For the better part of a week I read, and re-read, every post on this thread and downloaded many of the photos of your setups to identify features or elements I wanted in mine... so thanks!

Front View (laptop shelf in the closed position)
Brew_Sculpture_03.png

Front View (laptop shelf in the opened position)
Brew_Sculpture_01.png

Rear View
Brew_Sculpture_02.png

Man there are some SWEET setups on here! Great work guys! Here is mine, I have a few things left to complete, like the gas manifold and the March pump to be added later, but for now it works good enough.

1114090946.jpg

100_1146-1.jpg

100_1159.jpg

100_1156.jpg

Lets see maybe!! OK I think I have it figured out ! Been collecting stuff since I started 2 years ago and finally got to start on it. I have done more but need new pics. I'm really proud of how I ran my gas header. I think it looks clean without the pipe.

Recently I was given a keg like your MLT (Middle). I had never seen a keg like that and was a little dumbfounded as to how to add it to my system. What are you doing to combat the huge bunghole in the side?

This one does not have a side bung hole. I didn't polish it because i'm going to insulate it with reflectic material.

Hey all,

My goal is a 2 tier system welded out of angle. I am still gathering parts and pieces as well as materials for the build. In the interim I thought I could use what I already owned.

Below shows my idea:drunk::

1. Shared burner between hot liquor and boil kettle.
2. March pump mounted below the bottom shelf supplies sparge water to Mash tun on top layer.
3. Room above kettles to stir.

Let me know if you think it'll work, what you'd change, or if you think it'll all get soft and bend into a pretzel.

Brewsystem001.jpg

Back