SWMBO - is Preggers!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Holy $hit!!!! SWMBO is Pregnant!!!!!​

We were supposed to have the invitro procedure this month but it got canceled because SWMBO didn't have enough eggs. So we boinked like rabbits. Looks like one of my champine olympic swimmers did the job after all. :D

SWMBO & I have been trying for a long hard 6-7 years now. We were about to give it up and foriegn adoption looked like it was out too for medical reasons.

How f'ing lucky are we??? :rockin:

My April 29th birthday wish came true...

Time for some beer. Here's my first Celebratory Beer

1 big-ass 32oz British Bitter!!

:mug:

2008_hops_II.jpg

Congrats!

It's a happy enough occasion, but knowing how long you've been trying makes it that much better.

Hoisting one for you! :mug: (and happy belated birthday, btw)

Thanks! - I have not been this happy since I got married and before that was when I graduated from Purdue.

It might be a long night of drinking this evening!!!

Yah - Buddy!!!! You know it! My homebrew club has DD now!!!

One of my friend wife was a DD at our last pub crawl. SWMBO got goofed up at that last one.

One of our club members has a full size conversion van that fits 14. Its so much fun!!

I don't drink much when we go out. The opportunity for disappointment is too great unless we're at one of the Des Moines Microbreweries!!!

dibby33 said:
:mug:and lets not forget that you now have a designated driver for the next nine months! :ban::rockin:

Good for you Shlenkerla!

I was going to say "More beer for you now!" but your swmbo will probably give you the evil eye after a few months of her not being able to drink and you getting ****faced all the time cause you have a DD! :drunk:

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
Good for you Shlenkerla!

I was going to say "More beer for you now!" but your swmbo will probably give you the evil eye after a few months of her not being able to drink and you getting ****faced all the time cause you have a DD! :drunk:

She will be pretty cool about it as long as I not over-doing it and if she's not really getting uncomfortable with the pregnancy.

She will be lienent for awhile. She doesn't get jealous about drinking, she is diabetic and really shouldn't drink. She rarely does. Getting $hit-faced is never cool with her. We tend to fight if we drink together. It creates bad chemistry. Therefore I tend to drink moderately around her.

She hates to drive and the rare occasions that it will be should be acceptable to her.

I will have open season to drink with the HB boys though. :rockin:

I had to be low-key on the drinking when we were trying... Alcohol hurts sperm motility and count. Its not a problem more of SWMBO's paranoia. I have tons of champines. My last AI had 92 million cells, 20 million is considered excellent!!

Dude that is awesome, I am so happy for you guys!

To want something like that for so long and then one day SURPRISE. Has to be a reall buzz man. congrats!

So where the hell ya been?

Ya didn't call...

Ya didn't write...

Oh.....I guess ya been busy makin the baby.

If I'm not mistaken...canceling the invitro just put some extra cash back into your pocket...:D

Congrats Bro.

Right on Dude!!!!!!!:rockin: Congrats! Hang on for one hell of a ride!:tank: It's all worth it man.

BierMuncher said:
So where the hell ya been?

Oh.....I guess ya been busy makin the baby.

If I'm not mistaken...canceling the invitro just put some extra cash back into your pocket...:D

Congrats Bro.

Do you know what's it like trying to make a baby for 7 years? Its almost like work. (because sex is on a schedule.) Having sex when you too tired or annoyed. Annoyed to point where you'd rather strangle them than boink. Oh the concentration required.... :D

Yes, we can save some dough! Luckily SWMBO employer will pick up a very good proportion of 5 attempts. We never got past 1 in seven years. It always been not enough eggs. So it never counted. The meds and testing have been a small fortune. I'm guessing close to 30k in the last 6 years.

Gambrinus said:
Right on Dude!!!!!!!:rockin: Congrats! Hang on for one hell of a ride!:tank: It's all worth it man.

Gambri - Where have you been?? Haven't heard from you lately. How's the little bambino doing?

Schlenkerla said:
Gambri - Where have you been?? Haven't heard from you lately. How's the little bambino doing?
My son is into everything... he doesn't understand the word no and it seems that he enjoys being disciplined. My daughter eats every 2 hours on the money. There is no such thing as SLEEP in my house or any sort of piece and quiet. That and my wife is still on the huge hormone rush. Did I mention that it is all worth it? She nags on me constantly about not being home. I work all the time and I have way too many business trips so hormones, bitchyness and two very young kids have my gray hair sprouting like dandelions. I work so much that I am sitting in my f@#%ing office right now!

Schlenkerla said:
Having sex when you too tired or annoyed. Annoyed to point where you'd rather strangle them than boink. Oh the concentration required.... :D

Wait till you have to work around the hump!

BierMuncher said:
That's just the tip of the iceberg baby.

Yah I suppose you'r right. Until now, the thought 30k being blown kind of upset me... With nothing to show for it.

I can be glad we are both healthy and new one is on the way! :rockin:

Gambrinus said:
I work so much that I am sitting in my f@#%ing office right now!

Why are you at work? I thought the Army NG would keep you close to home w/ regular hours. You're a Quarter-Master right??

Schlenkerla said:
Why are you at work? I thought the Army NG would keep you close to home w/ regular hours. You're a Quarter-Master right??
No... I am Ord. The Co is drilling this weekend and we are locked down. NO BEER!!!:mad: We also have a big FTX coming up thus the long hours.

Schlenkerla said:
Thanks! - I was in Computer Integrated Manufacturing Technology. '96

What program were you??

Computer Science '02, we've been blessed too, our baby girl arrives in less than 2 short months, we can't wait!

Schlenkerla said:
I had to be low-key on the drinking when we were trying... Alcohol hurts sperm motility and count. Its not a problem more of SWMBO's paranoia. I have tons of champines. My last AI had 92 million cells, 20 million is considered excellent!!

Congrats Schlenkerla, SWMBO and I were in a similar situation, 5 years until we were successful with In Vitro, then our attempt at kid #2 was put on hold due to her ovulation--which I somehow took care of naturally.:D

Our doctor told her that half a homebrew is actually good for her in the later months of pregnancy (and she didn't even know I was a homebrewer).

I know what you mean about giving up brews because of the impact on motility and count--I had to give up bubble baths so I wouldn't "cook" 'em.

Cheers.:rockin:

Great! Much as I dislike kids, people who want them & will take care of them deserve what they get.:D

My two older sisters were both having trouble getting preggers, so the elder finally adopted. As is often the case, she immediately got preggers. The twist? So, did the other one! I have a niece & a nephew that are two weeks apart.

Schlenkerla said:
We might be having more than one since SWMBO was on fertility drugs. :rockin:

LOL, brace yourself for that first ultrasound, there might be a whole litter in there!!!!

Congrats on the future beer fetcher!!!:ban:

LOL, brace yourself for that first ultrasound, there might be a whole litter in there!!!!

Congrats on the future beer fetcher!!!:ban:

Thats a No-$hitter It would be a legitmate reason to ask for a raise.

Gotta teach the rug rat / curtain climber to go get home brews!!!

Congrats! SWMBO and I tried on and off for somewhere around 5 years before having our daughter. She is now almost 6 and loves to help out on brew days (even if she thinks hops smell disgusting!)

Back