Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Label for my first Hard Cider. Hand Drawn, then scanned and finished in photoshop.

poisoned-apple-2.jpg

Yes thats a good question, whats the best way to print up bottle neck labels. White are the printing dimensions?

I scanned a collar from a dogfish head bottle of Midas Touch, turned it into a silloute to make an outline. That's how i did it. All of mine have the same design, just altered to match the beer.

lol this is my first label, I usually dont care too much to name my beer or make one but this is some stupid joke gift for my dad. My whole life he would make a joke saying the 'num-nuts' would be a great band name...and hense the numb-nut brown ale was made in his honor (he is papa willie)

5645154928_1cc11656ae_z.jpg

My idea is to name each of my beers after an endangered or extinct animal (extinct due to humans) and maybe ask my friends who drink my beer to donate a few bucks to a charity that helps protect them.

P.S. Thanks to Andy Biggs for beer labelizer. I used a label from there as my base, and modified using gimp.

5645154928_1cc11656ae_z.jpg

My idea is to name each of my beers after an endangered or extinct animal (extinct due to humans) and maybe ask my friends who drink my beer to donate a few bucks to a charity that helps protect them.

I think on the one hand, it's kind of a heavy concept, especially with the engangered sliding scale right there. And then on the other hand, you're encouraging your drinkers to "get one before it's too late" which makes me want to book a hunting trip and bag a siberian tiger. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea to remember and honor species that have been pushed to extincition by humans. I just think maybe it's a bit much, I mean, for drinking beer.

So, I would suggest removing the extinction scale, and change the slogan to.. "appreciate one before it's too late"? or something along those lines. As for style, yeah, I could see one on a microbrew bottle.

I think on the one hand, it's kind of a heavy concept, especially with the engangered sliding scale right there. And then on the other hand, you're encouraging your drinkers to "get one before it's too late" which makes me want to book a hunting trip and bag a siberian tiger. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea to remember and honor species that have been pushed to extincition by humans. I just think maybe it's a bit much, I mean, for drinking beer.

So, I would suggest removing the extinction scale, and change the slogan to.. "appreciate one before it's too late"? or something along those lines. As for style, yeah, I could see one on a microbrew bottle.

I think I will get rid of the endangered scale as you said (maybe move it to a back label with more info on the animal and beer style later on)

As for your hunting trip comment...I can't believe I didn't notice that before. Thanks for pointing it out. I came up with the name and slogan before the concept, and never thought twice. It will be changed. Maybe cherish or enjoy instead of get.

And thanks for the style comment!:mug:

So my label for my very first batch has a back story. The beer is an E.S.B. I brought the recipe home and went to the store to get spring water to make the brew. Got back, and my German Shorthaired Pointer (Dixie- my namesake on here), had eaten about an ounce of hops.

I was pissed, didn't think much about it, and went to the LHBS to get more hops. Called my wife. Who happens to be a senior vet student. She informed me that hops can be poisonous to dogs. So we watched her, and she started panting, getting hyper, and her temp spiked. So off to the doggy E.R. we go. Thank God she's fine ($700 later). Couldn't have happened in 5 weeks after Jennifer graduates! lol

So the beer is named Spotted Dog Ale, in her honor. The photo is of her while we watched the Rays lose the ALCS this past year. Yeah, that's a Rays hat she's wearing.

SpottedDogAleES.jpg

Here are my labels. The Lazy Days Lawnmower ale is still in primary, so I don't know when it will bottled or what the exact alchohol % is until it's done, not that it matters much.

And the Prairie Stew wheat is almost all gone, only another 16 bottles of that left. :(

Also is the neck label, which I can put on, although it's a pain in the ass to cut out, but I think it looks cool when it's actually on!

jshbeer_neck_label.jpg

lazydaysbeer-done.jpg

prairiestewbeer-done.jpg

"ThePearsonFam", really love the rebus puzzles for labels. Great idea, brings back some great memories from my childhood.

Notice your located in VB. Where abouts?

nothing else to do on a rainy day...
for some reason when I think of Dunkelweizen (dark wheat), I think of Buckwheat, so I rolled with it. (Buckwheat was one of my favorite Little Rascals)

buckwheat.jpg

Back