I'm looing for a few suggestions for a kegorator that holds 3 corneys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbone

Reaction score
I'm about to start building a small bar and would like to have a kegerator that can hold 3 corneys with no problems, yet not too big. Currently I have a freezer outside that I've converted, but I'm looking for something now that I can have inside.

I'm just looking for a few suggested units. I definitely want something as quiet as possible. Other concerns are energy efficiency and how cold I can get it. My room that I'm building all this in is only 12'x12' - So while I want to fit 3 kegs in it... size is a consideration too.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I don't know if a chest type will work out with what I have in mind. I'm very much wanting to hide the frig/freezer by a bar and have a tap tower on top of the bar.

Most 5CF freezers will hold 3 cornies with a collar. I have a Holiday 5CUFT freezer from lowes that fits 2 cornies and a CO2 tank without a collar, and will fit a 3rd corny with atleast a 6" collar.

most 7cf freezers will hold 3 cornies and a c02 tank with no modifications. Some 7.0 and 7.2 cf freezers will hold 4 cornies and c02. Check the sticky at the top of the bottling a kegging forum called sizing your chest freezer.

There is a sanyo brand mini fridge that would probably fit 3 cornys. But I doubt you will find one used so it's gonna cost you.

btw... is there a benefit of having the co2 talk inside?

Not really. The only benefit is that you don't have to drill a hole for the gas line. Actually the gauge that tells you how much is left in the tank works much better when it's at room temp. That part of the regulator is kinda useless when the tank is in the cold fridge.

Did you have to make any modifications to do that? Also, do you have the CO2 tank inside?

I did not do any modifications at all. Yes the tank fits inside on a shelf. If you want the tank inside and on the shelf though it needs to be a 5 lb tank. a 10 lb would not fit once you put a regulator on it. It's a tight fit but all 3 corny's will fit.

The Haier kegerator is the only fridge I know of that holds 3 cornys essentially trying to put a funky collar on the front of a mini fridge.

I want a 3 tap kegerator myself, and I've resigned myself to most likely a 7cu ft. chest freezer. You can still stick a tower out of the top of a chest freezer. Put the freezer on wheels so you can pull it out as need be.

Maybe a freezer stored somewhere, or fridge plus insulated chamber, and then a jockey box to get the hoses to the right location? Or insulated lines out to the taps?

Did you have to make any modifications to do that? Also, do you have the CO2 tank inside?

I just bought this, and yes 3 cornies will fit, with the co2 bottle, although it's nearly impossible to get to the tank with 3 cornies in there.

Be patient, look for just the right one, I found an old fridge from the 1940's on Craigs list. It belonged to the owners grandmother, it had a curved top with a square door, I took it home, sanded it down, painted it red, put some beer stickers on the door and I just love this thing, even though it is not as efficient
as a more modern fridge. I explained to the wife this way: How many hobbies are cheaper than playing with water.

I have a sanyo bcs 1206 and I can fit three kegs and the bottle. I removed the top, installed 8 CPU fans and installed it under a granite counter top and install a false cabinet front. Works awesome, some pics are in the last link. The only gotcha, you need ball lock kegs and you need to take one handle off one of the kegs in the fridge. If you move the bottle outside, you can fit 4 kegs.

Here it is for 399 free shipping, not in stock though.

Link

Here is how I mounted it under the granite, my profile has more pics
Link

I have a sanyo bcs 1206 and I can fit three kegs and the bottle. I removed the top, installed 8 CPU fans and installed it under a granite counter top and install a false cabinet front. Works awesome, some pics are in the last link. The only gotcha, you need ball lock kegs and you need to take one handle off one of the kegs in the fridge. If you move the bottle outside, you can fit 4 kegs.

Here it is for 399 free shipping, not in stock though.

Link

Here is how I mounted it under the granite, my profile has more pics
Link

WOW! that's fancy and complicated. All I did was score a used fridge for cheap off craigslist and drill some holes in the side for the faucets. If you close your eyes the beer still tastes the same. ;)

ahh, I had the kegerator for 3 years serving up Swill Lite. I got into homebrewing and converted it. We moved into a nice townhouse and the area where the kegerator is now was dead space. the SWMBO and I spend a year trying to figure out what to do with the area, then the economy crash and I was able to get those custom built cabinets and granite for 2K. half what is was before. She is happy, that is all that matter ;)

drinking Russian River Concentration and Ed's ApfelWine, sorry if the above is incoherent.

Back