What will you be drinking for new years?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bball3414

Reaction score
Well apparently I can't upload pictures yet... here is a link to my photobucket. (that i was so excited to share these i just setup!)

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n600/richeyring/New Years Beers/

a new micro brew store RE-opened up around the corner from my apartment in Boston... will only be going there for beer now!
Marty's Liguors on North Beacon in Brighton for any of you that live out this way.

if you are too lazy :drunk: to check out the link they are:
Avery- Maharaja
Stone- Sublimly Self Righteous (black IPA)--- Im thinking about cellaring this one for awhile--- let me know what you think!
21st amendment- Fireside chat
Great Divide- Hibernation ale
Lakefront Brewery- Oktoberfest

And also-- possibly the brown ale I bottled about 10 days ago!

Im crazy excited and I hope you guys can share in the enthusiasm!:mug:

thumbnail.aspx

I'm deployed right now and am limited to two beers a night. Tonight, since it's New Years, they've raised the limit to three! Woo hoo! Looks like I'll be bringing in the new year with three Heinekens. I sure miss my homebrew though.

Since I only have a few home brews left, I'll be enjoying:

A few of my Oktoberfest Lager (from 09)
Rogue bombers: Yellow Snow IPA, Brutal IPA, Dead Guy
A few pints of Surly Furious
and then switching to cocktails.

And then at midnight we'll open a bomber my 2 year old Russian Imperial Stout.

Everyone please be safe tonight.

My line-up will consist of:
DogFish Head 90min
Wheatstone Bridge (Homebrew)
and at midnight I have a special bottle of Goose Island Brewery's Night Stalker!

Cheers!

picked up a Stone IPA and Oak Aged Bastard. After those it will be what ever else is laying around the fridge......

Boyfriend and I are going to try and go out for sushi dinner so I guess I'll be starting with some sake.

I'll also be enjoying at some point today/this evening...

Chimay tripel
Avery Salvation
Rogue Dead Guy (One of the few beers that BF and I can agree on)

I'm deployed right now and am limited to two beers a night. Tonight, since it's New Years, they've raised the limit to three! Woo hoo! Looks like I'll be bringing in the new year with three Heinekens. I sure miss my homebrew though.

Are you in Qatar?

I'll be having some homebrew and probably some potcheen.

I might go against my better judgment and open one of the Bitches Brews that I have. I am going to email SWMBO and tell her to chill down the Three Philosophers for sure. Prolly pre party with some more Belgians and homebrews

I'm all beered out, between three of us we've finished off 12 gallons of homebrew over the holiday and tonight I'll be on the Powers whiskey and coke.
I think I then seriously need to consider not drinking for a month or so. I have one 6.5 gallon of homebrew left at home and 14 gallons to bottle shortly, but I think my liver needs a break.

My lineup is:

Drake's Denoggonizer IIPA
Dechutes Abyss 2009
Bourbon County Stout 2008
Urthel Samaranth Quad

Don't worry, sharing with others.

Eastside

a saison dupont, then brandy old fashioneds.

maybe cantillon rose? not sure if i'll break that out. or maybe a tripel karmeliet...

I'm surprised nobody has said this so far.

Sam Adams/Weihenstephan Infinium

Got a bottle in the fridge... waiting til midnight I guess...

Bottle of champagned with the wife, possibly my Double Dead Guy bomber in the fridge downstairs, and my long anticipated "Rainy day IPA".

I messed up my volumes on a rainy brew day back in setember and had an exta gallon of wort, so I did a stove top IPA with that gallon and some spare hops I had. However, I failed to take boil off into account when calculating the recipe in BeerSmith(spur of the moment brew that didn't get much thought) and it actually boiled down to about 1/4 gallon or so, and after fermenting and dry hopping I got 2 1/2 12oz bottles, that when I adjusted the volume in BeerSmith puts them around 240 IBU's :/ Figured a 240 IBU IPA would be a good way to ring in the new year :D I don't anticipate it tasting very good, but ya never know!

I'm surprised nobody has said this so far.

Sam Adams/Weihenstephan Infinium

Got a bottle in the fridge... waiting til midnight I guess...

WE had ours on Christmas....so yummy!!!! enjoy it. I was at the bottle shop tonight and all sold out:(

all you deployed soldiers, it sucks. if i could, i'd get all you over here, and thank you with all the homebrew you could drink. i was in the gulf war, so i know

WE had ours on Christmas....so yummy!!!! enjoy it. I was at the bottle shop tonight and all sold out:(

I had that bottle last night with my wife for New Years and I agree - so yummy! She thought the carbonation was a little high for her taste but after it calmed down a bit she really enjoyed it.

Good thing I have a second bottle at home to share with the father-in-law!

That's where I was last year and we could have 3 every day.
I've spent 2 Christmas and New Years there...getting tired of it.

Better than nothing. Qatar was our 4 day pass in 2004. Funny thing is I ran into my old drill sgt in the beer tent. We sat down and had a pub can of Heinekin. Talk about a weird memory.

Back