West Palm Beach Brew Club and HB Supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris7687

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I currently live in the craft beer booming city of Tampa, Florida. It's one of the best things I love about this place; new breweries opening up every day, the beer culture, and the home brew shop Southern Brewing & Winemaking. Just last week though, I accepted an offer at a company in West Palm Beach, Florida. This is my hometown and I have been longing to get back to it. All my family and friends are here as well as the beautiful beaches, awesome fishing, and a hop and skip to the Bahamas! Unfortunately, there is not the same beer scene and life in WPB as there is in Tampa.

Question for you all in the WPB area, what clubs do you all belong to? I know in Tampa we have several within a 20 mile radius. The only one I am aware of is Palm Beach Draughtsmen. I have competed in their Hurricane Blow-Off comp two years now, but have not made it down to meet the members of the club personally. Are there any clubs in the western part of the county (Wellington) or the northern part (North Palm Beach/Jupiter)?

Also, where do you all shop for HB supplies? I have been to BXBeerDepot in the past to grab a recipe when visiting family and was not to impressed, but that is also because I am spoiled with Southern here in Tampa. Are there other places in the North Palm Beach area? Does anyone do group/bulk buys of grain?

Hope to hear from you guys down south and hopefully meet some of you. I will be moving at the end of the month and looking to join or start a club soon. I have been with Special Hoperations of Tampa, FL for 2 years now and would love to stay involved in the scene and education.

Palm Beach Draughtsmen is the only one in all of Palm Beach that I know of. I am also a member. We are looking to start another one for the north end of Broward, but has not happened yet. BX is the main supply store in Palm Beach, there is also the Funky Buddha in Boca that sales supplies. I may have ordered from Southern a year ago, and if so, neither of these hold a candle to them. The meeting for the PBDM is held at the Due South Brewery. I think they are trying to put together a grain buy.

Martin

Hey Martin,
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be checking out the PBDM club. How often do you guys meet at Due South?

You may have ordered from Southern. I believe they just started doing online ordering. I will probably continue to order specialty grains from them and try to find somewhere to purchase bulk grains. Now just need to buy a miller, since I can't use my neighbors anymore!

I will be living in Wellington for the next few months, until I can buy a house in North Palm Beach. I was already thinking the drive to Due South for bi-monthly meetings (if that is the case) might get old and expensive after a while, but who knows maybe it won't be that bad.

We only meet once a month, and most activities are in Downtown Palm Beach. I know there are several members who live in Wellington, and at least one is member here. Bulk grain buys have not happened that I know of. Brock's up in Palm Bay had special once, I ordered 100#s from him. He has good prices on bulk, just the three hour drive would be tough. I know there is a shop in Stuart, not sure where. That would not be a terrible drive from north Palm Beach.

Hey guys, wanted to refresh this post. Are PBDM meeting this Thursday? I know the Blowoff banquet is a round the corner, wasn't sure if it was going to happen on the 10th or not. Also, I was thinking about starting a small group, whether it be a spin off of PBDM or a new club, in the PBG area. We could meet at Yardhouse or TBBC. Anyone interested in meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

They are meeting on the 10th.

Title: Monthly Mtg

Date: Thursday April 10, 2014
Time: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
Notes: The Edumacational Topic will be -

From their Yahoo group.
We also started another club further south (I know no help for you.) The Pompano Beach Hopaholics, we meet at the Funky Buddha Lounge in Boca. We are having a group brew this Sunday at 12.

The Palm Beach Draughtsmen meet the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. The meeting place as of late has been Due South Brewery.

All new-comers are welcome!

The next BIG event is the Octoberfest picnic at Okeeheelee Park October 18…

Back