LEGIT (NOT stolen) 1/2 barrel kegs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golddiggie

Reaction score
Here's the rub, I know of a person in Chelmsford, MA that gets decommissioned kegs from the recycle center the area distributors and breweries use. He has 10 kegs on hand and available for sale. If we get all 10, the price is really nice. I want a couple/few of them, but no way do I want all 10. If there's anyone that would like to go in on this with me, shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details. I'd like to get these before xmas comes around, since that's when his better deal offer is set to run out. I'm not going to post any prices here, but can send you what he's going to charge (total and per if you want). With a little work, I should be able to fit all 10 into the bed of my truck, and then we can just meet up after so you can get your kegs.

This is for people within driving distance of Nashua, NH, that can meet up with me after I get these.

I would be interested in one ( or two ) if it weren't for the fact that shipping would be killer! Coast to coast and no greyhound bus lines within many miles for cheap freight ( if they still do that).

Yeah, shipping would probably be about half again what these are available for...

If there's not enough people interested in getting all 10 kegs, we could do five of them at a little more per keg. Comes out to about a $2.50 difference in cost. Not much of a difference when you look at it per keg, but total amount is a decent difference. I have room in the basement to store these, for the short term. I just don't want to be stuck with them. I would like a couple more, and the cost difference from getting one, or two, to five is $10 per keg.

One of the things I like about getting the kegs from this guy is he actually rinses/cleans them out. So we don't have to worry about what foul thing has been sitting in there for who knows how long.

BTW, I have the tools to cut the tops of these if people want to do that before leaving. Or if someone doesn't have a right angle grinder to cut a keg and wants to bring it over to cut the top. We can also put a few holes in it for fittings if you want (got the tools for that too)...

I'll have to see if the offer is still available. We would need to get to at least 5 count in order to get better than the $75/keg pricing.

what kind of price are we talking if we get to 10?

ETA didn't realize this was from January. might have had a few tonight...

Back