Tap-A-Draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set and like it a lot. It doesn't force carb very well, but it fits in my fridge great. And it so much less of a pain than bottling. Just 3 big bottles!

However, the only thing I don't like about it is it slows down after the bottle is about half empty. Often I remove a spent CO2 cartridge after its half empty and add another to speed up the pour.

I will admit though, I wanted the option of force carbing, so I have moved on to kegging.
And I have never seen a nitrogen cartridge for them anywhere.

I have 9, 6 liter bottles, and two dispensing heads, and have been pretty happy over all.

I will be moving to a keg set up soon, and the tap-a-draft was never anything more than a transitional system for me.

If you have the space, I would recommend considering going directing to a keg set up. You don't need to go all out, a small fridge with picnic taps is better than the tap-a-draft.

I used the Tap-A-Draft for awhile before kegging and I liked it very much. Alot easier than messing with all those bottles. I just filled them and added the sugar drops into them which made it easier the mixing the corn sugar.

very cool does anyone want to sell on they are not using anymore?

JavaBeans said:
And I have never seen a nitrogen cartridge for them anywhere.

It takes a standard 8 gram cartridge. Whipped cream chargers, which are nitrogen, would fit in there just fine.

Once you fill the Tap-a-Draft bottles how long will they last?

I've heard only 6 weeks which makes me want to go with the Party Pig.

will it really take six weeks to drink? I have found it takes longer to make a batch from start to finish than it does to drink it. If each bottle lasts 6 weeks and you have 3 bottles per batch I think it will last just fine.

Latest posts

Back