• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

GE freezer 7 cu ft with temp control PHILLY pick up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoundForBeer

Reaction score
I have a GE 7 cu ft freezer chest for sale. It has been used less then a year on and off as a lagering fridge. It comes with a temp controller also. This will fit 4 cornies tightly in it. Make a collar for it and turn it into a kegerator. I have all the baskets and manuals that came with it. I am looking to get $200 for it. Live in South Philly and not looking to ship (of course).
img_1157-57414.jpg

img_1158-57415.jpg

img_1160-57416.jpg

My next purchase or 2 needs to be a temperature controller. I have a full size fridge for serving that I was going to turn it into the fermentation chamber, but now this...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. So how is your STC 1000 set up (I am a complete novice to controllers)? Is it one that the freezer plugs into and you set a higher temp and it turns on then? Is there a heating option/capability (i don't know the right word) as well with that controller? i.e., could I plug a light bulb into it or something, say if I were fermenting an ale in the winter?

**** I also need to convince my wife.

My next purchase or 2 needs to be a temperature controller. I have a full size fridge for serving that I was going to turn it into the fermentation chamber, but now this...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. So how is your STC 1000 set up (I am a complete novice to controllers)? Is it one that the freezer plugs into and you set a higher temp and it turns on then? Is there a heating option/capability (i don't know the right word) as well with that controller? i.e., could I plug a light bulb into it or something, say if I were fermenting an ale in the winter?

**** I also need to convince my wife.

See this thread for all your answers. I've done 2 of these. One for a mini-fridge ferm chamber (which is an external plug, fridge and heat), and one for my mini-fridge kegorator (which i hardwired in since I had already hacked the fridge)
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay-aquarium-temp-controller-build-163849/

sorry to hijack the thread, hopefully this keeps you at the top of the classifieds section so you get this sold. Good luck!

FYI: I converted one of thse freezers to a keezer. I found mine on Craigslist but sometimes HD or Lowes have them on sale for under $200.

"Home Depot offers the GE 7-Cubic-Foot Chest Freezer in White, model no. FCM7SUWW, for $158."

Back