Daisy-chaining CO2 manifolds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyjerky214

Reaction score
Right now I've got a 5-way manifold from KegConnection, and I'd like to add an additional 2-way manifold on the end. I've read that you can do this, but I haven't found any instructions on what I actually need to do.

Is it as simple as taking the little cap off the end of one and screwing the other one into it?

Yes, you just need to get a brass nipple with the same size threads. I can't remember what that is, but you can take the cap to match the size at a place like Home Depot. I did this to connect two 2-way manifolds.

fa1e2df3-eee9-4a08-9f9a-7b9e350ffecf_300.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

Daisy chain is a common term in Electronics. It was derived from real daisy chains or wreaths made of daisy flowers weaved together.

It is also a sex move which I'm sure is why you find it amusing.

The functionality is not significantly different than a 4 tap manifold. Maybe a slight difference in pressure drop accross it but not enough to actually mean anything to kegging.

Daisy chained def isn't a plumbing or piping term. In piping they'd just say in series.

Honestly I'm not sure where I heard the term first. It's just one of those ones I've know since I was a kid. I actually used to hear it on a semi-regular basis when I worked in audio/video production.

Back