What a mess

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutine Bullfrog

Bullfrog Brewers
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Having a messy week so far. Had 2 bottles of Strong Ale explode on Saturday after moving them out of the basement to do some cleaning, then last night the cap blew of my better bottle filled with Citrus Weizen. I feel like I've been cleaning up beer all week.
boese088.gif

Sounds like no fun at all...

I usually start out with a blowoff tube, then switch to bung if it doesn't look threatening.

Good thing you have homebrew on hand to help you temporarily forget about the crappy beer week that you're having!

sorry to hear that.

weizen yeasts like to go CRAZY no matter how strong the beer is. always use blow-off tubes with wheat beers ;)

thin bottles FTL...put them in a really cool place where they won't hurt anything if they go kaplooey

DeathBrewer said:
sorry to hear that.

weizen yeasts like to go CRAZY no matter how strong the beer is. always use blow-off tubes with wheat beers ;)

All I can say is I won't happen again. I think I'll use evens suggestion to always start with a blow off tube

DeathBrewer said:
thin bottles FTL...put them in a really cool place where they won't hurt anything if they go kaplooey

Got them in the frig at 45d. hope they age ok at that temp.

Back