Turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks identical to what I have. I've used it for 7 batches now. Pretty decent, although you will hate the safety switch on the propane flow. You have to push a button every 10 minutes or find a way to override it.

I will likely upgrade to a Banjo burner at some point ($40 for burner only). Reportedly much faster heating to boil, and then you can dial it way maintain to efficiently keep the boil. Not 100% sure on whether the Banjo will fit inside the burner housing though, it'll be tight.

If you need a boil kettle for $15-20 more you should be able to get a 32 quart aluminum one plus a fryer basket (useful if you ever move to Brew in a Bag). I only wish that I had gone with a 36 or 40 qt pot. But I have no immediate plans to upgrade.

Get a bayou sp10 burner worth the money on amazon $45. No timer and quick boil

I went with the Bayou and it has worked great for me. The burner burns evenly and I coupled it with a 42 qt pot.

Back