We just popped open our ale and red ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martafoos

Reaction score
They were a success!
The IPa was from Brewers best for our first beer we didnt want to mess with anything we just wanted to see if we could do it and it turned out fine! needs to warm up a bit out of the fridge to get most of the carbonation down and flavors up

The red ale though we added northern cross hops and also some crystal malt.... This beer is awesome... I had a house warming party and we served it to everyone. People truly enjoyed it. It could have used more hops for my taste... they always can!!! but it was a really great beer with citris aftertaste and hoppiness that wasnt truly overpowering. We were pretty pumped about them both!
We want to make a barleywine... if anyone has a decent recipe let me know! I was checking out the colonial coffin barleywine from the Joy of Homebrew book... Sounds good! any suggestions?

Also in the burgh do they have tastings and prizes for homebrewers...? the only one i know of is the sharpedge once a year. I dunno i think it wwould be fun.

Welcome to the obsession...Now that you have two brews un der the belt, you'll start to plan out three, four or even five brews ahead. I'm always thinking like two or three ahead...

Check out the Recipe Database on this forum. You'll find some great tried and true recipes. I know there are a couple of Barleywine recipes, especially Brewpastor's Water into Barleywine....I've been contemplating this recipe!

I used BB for my first batch and it came out great. These are much better than the old kits that contained pre-hopped canned LME. Also check out the kits from Northern, Austin, Midwest and Morebeer. They're all good and there are lots of choices.

Back