25 gallon to 1BBL pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaudill

Reaction score
I need 25 gallon to 1BBL sized pots. My inclination will be to stay with the Update International SPS-100's if I can find a good welder.

But before I do this, I want to make sure I didn't miss another option. I've looked at:

Glacier Tanks
Psycho
Stout
Portland Kettleworks
Brewhemoth

And the various major homebrew shops which all sell modified Update International pots

It appears it would be a long wait to go with Glacier or Stout. Psycho doesn't have a pot this small and I think it would also be a wait because I think all three of these guys source their stuff from China. Portland looks awesome but the prices are a "tad" too high. Brewhemoth is also the Update International line.

I am not in the market for modified kegs.

Did I miss anything? Thanks in advance.

check out brewershardware kettles. You can see them first hand if you check out my blog. I'm currently using the 30 gallon kettles.

check out brewershardware kettles. You can see them first hand if you check out my blog. I'm currently using the 30 gallon kettles.

Very nice!

Has your experience been good with these? Any scorching issues? I'm assuming the bottom is not cladded that is why I ask.

Thanks!

its an electric system. Still in the build process so I haven't used them yet. They are good quality kettles. They only have a single ply bottom so scorching may be an issue if you don't keep it moving.

I've also been looking into getting a kettle from Stout Tanks. Does anyone have any experience with them & their products?

I have kettles from Stout, I haven't got them set up yet but they look to be well built and should work flawlessly. should be brewing with them by mid December....

he is easy to deal with, but as you will read online his lead times are long. being a solo operation it takes him a little while to get custom orders out the door.

Back