Most batches you've done in a day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmv

Reaction score
What's the most # of batches you did in a day?

I just bumped it up to 2 brews this past Sunday (745am to 4pm) and it was a nightmare on my feet and back, but worth it (rampup for my keezer).

What's the most you've brewed in a day?

I did 1 1/2. I had some left over sparge and more hot water so I ran off a little more than 2 gallons, added some DME and attempted to make an IPA. It came out very weak. I didn't like the first one I tried and am letting them condition a little longer before I declare a failure. I do think it is good enough to blend with another beer though.

Three 5 gal batches and they were all AG. It sucked and the beer wasn't all that good (two were decent, one was wretched and ended up being a dumper).

I brewed from 6AM to to 10PM if I remember right. Since I only have a cooler, which I BIAB in, and a turkey fryer, there was a lot of downtime waiting for things to heat. I remember sparging in plastic buckets and heating up water on the kitchen stove...Temperature regulation was also a pain in the neck afterward since I don't have a fermenting fridge and only use water baths.

Never again, unless I get an automated setup, which I doubt I ever will. I always brew the same stuff and there's no need to have such huge quantities of it on hand. I also do not brew 5gal batches anymore.

2 on average. This last Sunday I finished a berliner weisse that I started a sour mash on Friday night, then brewed 2 more brews (all grain). I thought 2 was a long day lol 3 just drained me.

Most I've done is bottle and brew in a single day, which I've done a few times. I'm planning a big barleywine soon which is going to have a second runnings beer, though. I just have to figure out where to put the second beer while the first is in the brew kettle.

Two AG on a Sunday. Although more time efficient than two separate brew days, it took most of the enjoyment out of it for me. If I had a helper it might make sense to try again.

Two for me, well, technically 2. When I was just starting out, my buddy had the gear and I had the house. So I brewed mine, and then he did his (taking his time I might add), didnt get done until after 2am. Never again. Now i'm just a once-a-day-er.

I've done two extract batches in day, but this was with three brewers and one non-brewer on two burners, so it kind of seemed like there wasn't nearly enough work to go around. By myself the best I've done is bottle and brew on the same day.

Two and it wasn't bad, but I was able to mash the second while the first boiled so they were somewhat concurrent. I've thought about three but haven't tried it yet.

Two all grain batches (6bbls total) in one day. I decided I didn't want to have to come in the next day...should have just cancelled the ride and come in instead.

I regularly brew 3 five gallon batches from one mash. So do you count that as one or three?

I'll tell ya whats not a bad brew day at all...doing an extract and all-grain batch in the same day. I have squeezed in an extract batch while waiting for my strike water to heat up and waiting for the 60 min mash on my all-grain batch. It doesn't add much time (if any) to your brew day.

I have 2- 2 vessel systems. Two friends and I have ran many 3 batch AG days at 10g each. Our best time was this last weekend when we did 3-10g AG batches started at noon and finished cleaned up and everything by 9:15. Can't wait to get my new burners could probably shave a hour off that time.

Did three 10 gals once. Started at about 6 am and ended about 3 am so maybe that should be counted as two days but one thing for sure is I will never even think about doing it again, at some point it just turns into work.

Did three 10 gals once. Started at about 6 am and ended about 3 am so maybe that should be counted as two days but one thing for sure is I will never even think about doing it again, at some point it just turns into work.

Hell yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

Dedication. Well done, sir.

We did 4 10 gallon all grain batches on one Saturday for a reception and the harvest Party. A very long day it was, 5am-6pm.

I feel like a weenie for doing 2 batches in one day, and even that was splitting the wort from one AG mash into 2 boiling kettles. However, I learned that I never want to use my HLT as a brew kettle again. I sprayed so much wort out of the sight glass and ended up with charred wort all down the side of the kettle. /facepalm

i typically do 3 five gallon batches on brewdays.. i have a 4 year old and a wife, which makes me take a day off (this coming friday!) and brew the whole "word-day" .. i'll drop my daughter off at daycare at like 7:30 and i can get brewing by 8.. i'll even be done by 4 or so to pick her up..

key is getting stuff mostly setup the night before so you're good to go in the AM

key is getting stuff mostly setup the night before so you're good to go in the AM

Aint that the truth! My brewdays always go much faster when I have my HLT full with filtered water, grains crushed, and hops weighed and put in baggies labeled with each time addition the night before. Also gives me an excuse to spend more time putzin in the garage/brewery.

Most I’ve done is two 10 gallon AG batches. Took from about 7AM till about 4:30 PM. Logistics were an issue because I am all electric with the capability of only firing one pot at a time. I used a separate propane burner to heat strike water while the first batch was boiling.

I have also done one all grain batch and two extract batches at the same time on a separate burner before, but that was with some helpers/other brewers.

For a few months last year we did 2 extract brews in the same night every week.
With 4+ people, its not that bad. We had two turkey burners going at once, and just staggered the start times by 30-45min so that first one would be done cooling in our only sink by the time the second one was done with boil.

We regularly bottle and brew on same day, usually making a 5 gallon extract beer plus a gallon of mead or other crazy experiment

Most in a day is 18 gallons, but it was easy because we only needed to boil to dissolve sugar: it was 2x 6 gallon batches of Skeeter pee, and 6 gallons of a cyser I made with leftover juice and honey from previous meads, so just a dump and stir.
The tough day was 6 weeks later when we bottled all 3 batches in the same day:D

This is why I recruit helpers, rather than make by myself and just bring to parties for others who didnt help to suck down. I make brewing a party and invite them to help make and drink homebrew. It allows me to make so much more, and bottling and capping 2 cases alone sucks anyways.

I've never attempted a triple batch brew day. I have done a few double batch brew days as it does shave off an hour so of work. The only one I thought was a tad too labor intensive was my Duvel clone golden that required a 90 minute boil followed by the Westy clone double decoction. It was a long brew day, but rewarding a few months later!

Back