CO2 tank question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcrisler

Reaction score
So I've been having parties where I get a keg or 2 and run them through my jockey box at about 45 psi (which keeps it from foaming up). I did so on a full tank last night and when I looked at it this morning the gauge said the tank was empty. I turned the tank off after the last keg was killed. Is it that it just uses this much co2 in a night or do I have something wrong? 20lb tank

okay, cool, so should i really crank the one bolt that goes from the regulator to the tank, or would a hose be more likely? thanks for the help

Ton's of info in the forum about checking for leaks. Depending on usage you should get anywhere from my 9 month's to.... three years or more on a 20# tank. I use CO2 for everything and get 9 month's... If you only use CO2 for serving you will get 3 or more years. You have a leak.

okay, cool, so should i really crank the one bolt that goes from the regulator to the tank, or would a hose be more likely? thanks for the help

you should find the leak before you go cranking things without cause.

ive noticed with common worm-drive clamps and non-snug-fitting tubing that there is normally a small void in the clamping power on either side of the screw. you should see the metal band 'bite' in to the rubber hose an even amount all the way around. if its not even, there could be a leak.

get some soapy water (or starsan works too) and go to town.

Back