ahh crap! Leinenkugles are twist offs!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
I just got back from sams...picked up the "adventure pack" which has:

Sunset wheat
Honey Weiss
Creamy Dark
Red

I was all pumped bc it was like $22 for 4 diff types of beer and brown popoffs with paper labels!!

but no...they're twist offs and I'm pissed....hope the beer is decent....heard the sunset wheat was like fruity pebbles beer...maybe my girlfriend will like it

just had the "honey weiss" yeah wasn't all that good.......I had a erdinger dark hefeweizen before this though....maybe thats why? I don't know didn't seem to taste like anything.

I'll try the others....wish I didn't have a case of this stuff or they were at least pop tops...

I'm a big Leinies fan and I love the Honey Weiss. Not big on the Sunset wheat but love the seasonal apple spice!! Its good and bad about the twist offs. On one hand if they were not twist offs I would drink a lot more because the bottles are useful in the hobby and I love the beer. Butt...... on the other hand I drink a lot of other beers and develop my palate because other beers are pop offs!!!! Catch22 or what ever!!:ban: :ban: :ban:

Not to start up this debate again, but I used twist off's since 1991 for bottling with no problems, though I did have a floor capper.

I keg now so no more bottles for me. (well the occasional bottle...filled from the keg)

I would rather drink an OE 40 than a Sunset wheat beer. I think that was the only beer i have bought that i couldn't even finish one.

Ryanh1801 said:
I would rather drink an OE 40 than a Sunset wheat beer. I think that was the only beer i have bought that i couldn't even finish one.

here here.....I got through 1 last night but it took a while... I'll have to give the other 5 to a friend that'll drink anything

Maybe I just need to invest in a floor capper bc i could use a lot of other bottles....and it seems that capping would just go faster.

I'll give the honey weiss another run tonight. The others sound pretty good so we'll see. I'm still optimistic.

Back