Malt Extract to All Grain Conversion with added ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyMaltPoet

Reaction score
So a couple of years ago I brewed an extract recipe that used Muntons Dark Malt Extract (liquid). I want to replicate this in an all grain recipe but the problem is trying to figure out what ingredients and in what proportions are added to make the Dark LME. I thought I read on here somewhere that there was a chart that was put together that came pretty close to most of LME/DME that were out there so you could come pretty close to cloning one of the non-extra light LME/DME. I can't seem to find that thread though. Anyone know where I can find that chart or have a link to it? Thanks to all and any who can assist.

There's a chart? I know Munton's is not very forthcoming with the malts used in their extract. If the chart doesn't pop up I know Briess uses 2-row, Munich, crystal 60 and black malt. I say I know. I might need to double check their site, they do disclose the malts.

Back