Attach Regulator Directly to Keg Inlet Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GateTwelve

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a very portable keg apparatus with as few hoses and lines as possible. My thoughts were to remove the keg's inlet post and poppet valve from the keg, and remove the barbed connection from the regulator, and get an adapter that would allow the keg's male thread to connect to the regulator's output. Obviously the regulator would have to have a checkvalve to prevent backflow. Is there any reason you can think that of that would suggest this wouldn't be a good idea?

The reason I started down this line of thinking is because I'm going to be using a 20oz paintball tank with a remote line - being able to do it this way means I would have zero tubes to be connecting and clamping myself (me and anything with the ability to leak don't really get along).

Thoughts, ideas? Anyone done something like this already? Thanks.

i suppose it would work, but it'd be a huge pita to have to screw a full keg onto a regulator.. i think you'd be better off just getting 6in of tube and using the standard connector.

Back