Deep Six Brewing System - v3.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is to be dedicated to v3.0 of my brewing system. My intent is to bring my brewery up to 1BBL. It will take me several months to get there as my boys and I are still dislocated due to the flood that occurred last April, but thanks to the awesome BrewPastor, I've taken a MAJOR step forward with the project.

Behold my new HLT, Mashtun and Boil Kettle!

IMG00182.jpg

IMG00183.jpg

They just showed up today and are in great shape. I don't even know exactly how big the smaller two are, but they are at least 75~80 gallons each.

Really looking forward to watching this build unfold.

/Subscribed

JB,

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this....I'm sure it will be even BETTER than before!

drost

I'm quite envious of V2.0 and am looking forward to hating you a little more, for what will be another awesome build!

g'luck with everything and keep the pictures updated!! :)

This thread is to be dedicated to v3.0 of my brewing system. My intent is to bring my brewery up to 1BBL. It will take me several months to get there as my boys and I are still dislocated due to the flood that occurred last April, but thanks to the awesome BrewPastor, I've taken a MAJOR step forward with the project.

Behold my new HLT, Mashtun and Boil Kettle!

IMG00182.jpg

IMG00183.jpg

They just showed up today and are in great shape. I don't even know exactly how big the smaller two are, but they are at least 75~80 gallons each.

I'd like to be holding something in the picture. JK

Will be following this.

Quick update- I found some markings on the outside of the kegs... The short ones are 217 liters or 57.3 gallons. The large one is 236.8 liters or 62.5 gallons. So I was off on their size, but still in really good shape to step up production to a "hogshead" of beer (48 gallons).

48 gallons? That's so 1400's of you. More modern conversions put a hogshead at about 238 liters (52 imperial or 63 US gallons). Still a lot of homebrew.

48 gallons? That's so 1400's of you. More modern conversions put a hogshead at about 238 liters (52 imperial or 63 US gallons). Still a lot of homebrew.

I dunno... according to wikipedia a hogshead of wine is 63 gallons and a hogshead of beer is 48 gallons. Plus is just sounds cool... heh. My goal is to fill three sankey kegs per batch - so that's just about perfect.

I dunno... according to wikipedia a hogshead of wine is 63 gallons and a hogshead of beer is 48 gallons. Plus is just sounds cool... heh. My goal is to fill three sankey kegs per batch - so that's just about perfect.

**drools on the keyboard for 5 minutes, dreaming....**

Any idea what those...things...were initially? Or would Brewpastor know? That is truly amazing and again, I cannot wait to watch your progress. You'll have a hell of a time building AND using such a system!

The seller didn't know what they were originally used for- they are from Germany and did contain a chemical, but they have been throughly cleaned and are spotless on the inside. She told me they sanitized them with nitrogen? Never heard of that... but they don't even have the faintest odor..

It was so sad to see the flood pix. Nice to know you're on the way back up and going for broke.
subbed.

This. Thread. Will. Be. Epic. /Subscribed

John, I amazed that you are brewing while still relocated from the flood nevermind upgrading your volumes like this! Awesome!!

Some seller had them on e-bay. Sold them as 30 gallon kegs. The Buy it Now price was something like $90, JB did better. UNfortunately they are all gone.

**drools on the keyboard for 5 minutes, dreaming....**

Same here, then I saw the SS containers.

OK! I understand your busy but come on, I need an update. You can sleep when your dead, please get back to doing great things so I can live vicariously through you. :mug:

These days, my house remodel is consuming me... but I see the light at the end of the tunnel- about 2 weeks and it will be complete. Then I gotta move back in, etc, etc..

About the only progress that has been made is that I've made friends with a welder who just happens to own a plasma cutter and can weld stainless.. so maybe I can get them converted into proper kettles in the new few weeks and start designing the stand. :)

Back