Co2 line quick disconnect fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nextgenxx

Reaction score
I need to be able to easily remove my 5lb co2 tank and regulator from my keezer secondary manifold attachment. I was thinking about cutting the co2 line and adding some sort of quick disconnect to the ends then I could easily take the tank out and then hook up other attachments. A body know if there are co2 quick disconnects that are good?

You could use air compressor fittings, cheap and easy to find. Harbor frreights even sell them. Don't forget the check valve to prevent beer backflowing to the reg.

I did a similar thing recently and used a CO2 ball lock disconnect.

something like this?
9g54.jpg

I'm interested in building the same type of CO2 connection on my Igloo cooler. Do you have parts list?

Unfortunately, no. I went to home depot and sat there and put parts together until everything fit together.

It was pretty easy to put together, just a 90 degree fitting and then a 2" or so nipple. The hardest part was going from the brass fitting to cornelius ball lock connector. I used a flared fitting w/ a universal poppet since a regular one was not long enough and the flared fitting was not quite correct.

In retrospect, I probably should have ordered the cornelius to 1/4 mpt adapter sold at midwest. That would have saved a lot of headache.

I have a CO2 utility line that uses lure locks that are sort of like quick disconnects. Check out homebrewfinds.com for a write-up about it.

nextgenxx said:
I think I might have found something. Take a look at this connector set.

URL:http://morebeer.com/products/beer-gas-tubing-quick-disconnect-inline-shutoff-set.html?site_id=5

Has anyone tried these? Anything in Stainless Steel?

I use them. Except I got mine from freshwatersystems.com. If I calculated right, cheaper than MoreBeer. I can also get different barb sizes as well as threaded ends for pipe thread connections, and panel mounted.

Here's the link to for the series I use: http://www.freshwatersystems.com/c-875-plc-series-valved-couplings.aspx

Put a set of these inline, so far no leaks tested underwater. I really like them but wish the barb on them was 5/16 rather than 1/4 inch, but as long as they don't leak all is good!

image-768479955.jpg

Back