Burner Setup For New Brewstand Design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alefebvre

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just looking at getting some information regarding the setup of my burners for my brewstand. My setup will consist of 3 low pressure 70,000 BTU burners that can be found here : http://www.agrisupply.com/burner-cast-low-presure-multi-hole-/p/40282/cn/5400000/

My question is what kind of regulators will I need and how many to go from either a propane tank or natural gas fitting (which is a future consideration for my build which is why I went with all low pressure burners) to all of my burners.

My boil kettle will be controlled manually and my hlt and mlt will be controlled by a vr8200 valve i found from honeywell.

If anyone could provide me with some advice for all regulators needed (preferably from agrisupply) and how to connect them all up would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Andrew

Not sure if Low Pressure matters, but I went with 1 regulator connected to tank and steel manifold. Ran lines off of the manifold to the burners with a valve in between. Mine is High Pressure but I don't see how that would matter.

Gas_Manifold.jpg

Hey bendbrewer,

do you loose any pressure or does your flame dim down when you use more than one burner at a time with this method?

There is plenty of gas in that 1/2" pipe to run both burners. I have a 30 psi regulator that I have turned down to about 10. I use ball valves and open them less than half way at the most. I am barely tapping the potential of these HP burners.

Back